12. Final Spot

Race day, Yas Marina Circuit

Adam was standing on the grid jumping, fidgeting, hyping himself up for the final race of the season

Adam was standing on the grid jumping, fidgeting, hyping himself up for the final race of the season. He placed his headphones over his ears and started to blast some of his favourite songs.

"Dude!" A familiar voice pierced through Adam's headphones.

"Hey, Lance! Congrats on your Williams seat next season and of course, finally F3 champion yeah!" Adam replied upon taking off his headphones.

"C'mon, man. When are you gonna get signed?!" Lance sounded impatient.

"Shhh... Dude, we can't talk about this here. Keep it down." Adam whispered.

"Oh, right, right. Anyways, all the best for the race. I'll be watching you from the paddock. No pressure." The Canadian said before heading out of the grid.

"This guy's nuts..." Adam whispered to himself as he watches his former F3 teammate exiting the main straight.

"Formation lap's in 5." Fabián reminded. Adam then scampered off and grabbed his helmet. But then, just before Adam was about to step into his car, he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Adam..." He looked up to see his former teammate, who nearly took him out of his career in Hungary. Adam stood there, not knowing how to react. Months had passed since the incident, and he recovered rather quickly.

"Can we have a moment...?" Alessio asked. Adam glanced to Fabián as the Spaniard pointed to his wristwatch. He the stepped back out of the car, not breaking his silence.

"Look... um... you're doing well?" He asked rather uncomfortably.

"Yeah. Better..." Adam muttered.

"I just, I don't know..." Alessio mumbled.

"It's already been, what... 2 months? It's all over, Alessio. I'm back where I was. I'm all good..." Adam replied.

"Good... good... Look, I shouldn't do what I did back there in Hungary. Everything went down the wrong way-" Adam then interrupted the Italian driver.

"It's all over, Alessio. I don't care what happened, I just don't want to re-live that moment again..." Adam then went back into his car and placed his helmet on.

"Hey... have fun out there." Alessio said before heading out of the grid. Adam kept his head straight and slid his visor down. He glanced to his rear view mirrors and saw the ART car of Alexander Williams behind him.

Minutes later...