5. Setback

Adam hadn't seen Emilia till the end of the day of the driver's debrief. Later than evening, he took her out to a nearby restaurant.

 Later than evening, he took her out to a nearby restaurant

"Hey, I've almost forgotten..." Adam voiced out.

"Shouldn't you be erm... schooling?"

"Adam, I've decided this engineering thing is not working out for me." Emilia muttered.

"W-wait. What happened?" Adam asked.

"Meh... kinda fucked up my finals. Feel that it isn't worth spending loads just to re-run the course." Emilia explained.

"So, what are you going to do now?"

"Well... I was waiting for a good time to tell you this. Okay, so I've basically got a call from a fashion agency. They've seen my Instagram and y'know... They've offered me a job..." Emilia answered with a smile on her face.

"As...?" Adam asked, skeptically.

"Fashion model, Adam. Oh my god..." she replied covering her face with both of her hands. That puzzled look on Adam face slowly transformed into a smile.

Feature Race, Round 1, Barcelona

Adam was briefed by Fabián on the strategy. "We've got Alessio behind you. Whoever's got the pace advantage will have the call on which lap to pit. So the boss has given the both of you the green light to race." Fabián said.

"Good... good." Adam muttered.

"Alright, mate. That's it. All the best..." Fabián replied as he handed over Adam his helmet. Two grid positions ahead, Adam noticed Alexander, holding Gisele really close to him.

"Alex, please... keep Adam out of trouble." Gisele whispered.

"Pshh... Seriously Gisele? This prick will be out of the championship fight in no time, don't worry.." Alexander replied.

Adam snapped his visor shut as he entered his car. It didn't take long for the mechanics to clear the track before the cars headed out on a formation lap. Adam spent the entire lap, eyeing the ART Grand Prix car in P1.

 Adam spent the entire lap, eyeing the ART Grand Prix car in P1