2. Vanishing

The following evening...

Adam noticed that only three other drivers were present at the HQ with him. He was overjoyed as he was sure he'd been selected.
Felix Rosenqvist and Lance Stroll were the top runners alongside him in the previous day's simulator test.

Seeing them there reassured him that he'd been selected. But he didn't understand why Brandon Maïsano was there, he had been only fifth fastest in the final simulator session.

They were summoned into the team principal's office, and were promptly briefed.

"Felix, you will drive the 006 F315 car, Lance, you're allotted the F315 004." He said. "As for you Adam, you will drive....

Adam prayed he would get the third F315 chassis.

....the 005 F315 car."

Adam could barely contain himself. The new chassis would give him the edge he needed to fight for the title.

Maïsano was there only because of sponsorship, and wouldn't compete in all the races, hence he would drive the F312 car.

"Well Adam, we are delighted to have you on board, our F3 team hopes to gain a teams' championship​ title this year. You know what this means in terms of the performance we expect from our drivers. Drive fast, don't crash." The team principal was clearly and no bullshit, no sugar-coating guy.

Nevertheless, Adam was excited to work with Prema Powerteam, this was his chance to finally move up the racing ladder. He later had the opportunity to get acquainted with his new teammates.

In a few weeks, pre-season testing would begin and he would drive a Formula​ 3 car for the first time.

"Looks like we're teammates, man!" Lance exclaimed as he shook Adam's hand.

Upon leaving the Prema HQ, Adam jumped in joy as he immediately pulled out his phone and contacted Reese.

"Dude! I've got it! I'm in F3!" Adam shouted.

"Wait, what?! Mate, that's... oh my god!" Reese exclaimed.

Spielberg pre-season testing, March 2015

Adam was staring towards his 2015 challenger, scanning every single part of the machine. "Beauty, isn't she?" One of his teammates Felix voiced out.

"Yeah... still can't believe I'll be racing in this." Adam replied.

"Trust me, you'll get used to this. Come, green flag's in 5. Get ready." Felix added before placing his helmet over his head. Adam then went back to the garage and pulled out his brand new Arai racing helmet, painted in luminous green and pink. He then jumped into his car as the mechanics buckled Adam in.

"Damn I like this feeling..." Adam thought when the mechanic placed the driver's wheel in the cockpit and the display dash illuminated. The excitement wired his body like he was plugged into the mains. He felt like his brain was on fast-forward and there was no off switch.

Adam went out onto the track as soon as the green flag was waved. His mouth was twitching, definitely fighting a smile when his car was slowly cruising through the pit lane. It didn't took long for him to reach the end of the pit lane as he turned the pit limiter off and headed into the track.

 It didn't took long for him to reach the end of the pit lane as he turned the pit limiter off and headed into the track