7. Title-ending

Silverstone, Feature Race

"Race win! Race win, Adam!" Fabián happily exclaimed into the radio.

"Good to be back on top!" Adam replied.

Adam parked his car in the number 1 spot in Parc Ferme. A new lively Adam ran towards his engineers and mechanics and wrapped his arms around the huge bunch. This win in his new home sees him on the top of the driver's championship, 3 points ahead of Pierre Gasly and 5 points ahead of Alexander Williams. Alessio was catching up rather quickly in the championship as he clinched the final podium spot in Race 1 which places him 4th place in the championship, just a shy of a point behind Alex.

 Alessio was catching up rather quickly in the championship as he clinched the final podium spot in Race 1 which places him 4th place in the championship, just a shy of a point behind Alex

"He's getting cocky," Alessio thought to himself as he watched his teammate celebrating on the top step of the podium. The team knew Adam had a very good chance of winning the championship, so much that they left Alessio to himself.

"I knew you could do it!" Emilia exclaimed as she ran towards the race winner.

"Yeah, you did. You definitely did." Adam replied before laying his lips on hers.

"Your teammate didn't seem happy, though." Emilia added.

"What do you mean?"

"Like, look at him... glaring at you when you're on the top of the podium. He's your teammate, Adam. Things can't go like this any longer..."

Adam sighed. "Alright... I see what I can do." He said.

The following Sprint Race was a treat for Adam as he pulled away from Gasly in the standings after finishing second.

"Very impressive, Adam. Keep it up and who knows, we'll see you in Formula 1." Force India team boss Vijay Mallya congratulated Adam towards the end of the race weekend.

"I'll see you tomorrow. Big day, huh?"

"Yeah... Looking forward to it!" Adam replied. Since Adam's recruitment into Mercedes' Young Driver's programme, he was offered a drive in the mid-season testing with customer team, Force India for the Driver Development programme.

Adam could barely sleep that night, knowing that he would be driving one of the fastest cars in the world.

In-season testing, Silverstone

Adam got suited up in his brand new Force India racing overalls. He looked at the beautiful VJM09 with the number 18 decal. It's a dream come true. Adam ran his hands through the body of the Force India car. He couldn't believe his eyes as he saw his name on the side of the cockpit.

"I've been there... Amazing feeling, isn't it?" German, Nico Hülkenberg voiced out upon seeing Adam admiring the car.

"It's all I ever dreamt of. Being in one of these..." Adam replied.

"Okay, Adam. Your engineer Bradley here. We'll be running a couple of tests during this session. First and foremost, we want you to get to know the car a bit better. So take a few laps in, don't push too hard." Bradley radioed as soon as the engineers strapped Adam into the car.