o n e

Started: 07/04/2017 07:58
Finished: 11/04/2017 21:22
Completed: 11/04/2017 21:37

Can I just say, if you're a new reader and haven't read Assassin, I suggest you do that now or you won't really understand what's going on 'cause I'm terrible at starting books so I'm gonna carry on with the last one as if this were a new chapter for Assassin :)

"I knew you were hiding something!" Lydia said triumphantly.

"You guys don't hate me or anything?" Stiles asked, leaning back into Derek's chest slightly.

"Why would we hate you?" Scott asked.

"You're still Stiles." Erica told him.

"What did I say?" Derek mumbled.

"Oh my god. You guys don't know how much of a relief that is. I was so scared you'd hate me because I'd been keeping it a secret from you and I thought everything would go back to how it was after the Nogitsune and-"

"Stiles." Everyone gave him very unimpressed looks.

"Sorry." He whispered.

Derek squeezed his waist.

"Is that how you managed to pay for the holiday?" Cora asked suddenly.

"Yeah." Stiles laughed.

"You payed for the holiday? I thought it was Derek." Jackson asked, eyes wide in shock.

"I got eleven thousand for killing four people."

"Damn. Where can I sign up?" Aiden breathed.

"I got one thousand for sorting out Mark." Stiles told Derek.

"He paid you for sorting out Mark?" Derek repeated.

"Yeah. For any 'efforts' I made."

"Who's Mark?" Allison asked.

"The guy we had to sort out and get out of here. He held Derek hostage." Stiles replied.

"Oh."

"He was my partner for another assassination."

"Who was the criminal?" Danny asked.

"What did he want with Derek?" Isaac asked.

"Derek was the criminal, you dummies." Erica grumbled, rolling her eyes. "Did anyone every teach you how to add one and one?"

Stiles watched Derek, who seemed totally unbothered by the topic of conversation and actually looked pretty amused.

"So, what happened?" Scott asked.

"He decided that, because Derek killed Kate, he was going to kill Derek. I just talked him out of it and snitched on him to the boss." Stiles shrugged with a small smile.

"Fun." Cora snorted.

------------------------------------------------------

Stiles and Derek were alone in the loft, Stiles curled into Derek's side on the sofa.

"Dude, you're reading another one?" Stiles laughed as he plucked the Batman comic out of Derek's hands.

"Hey!" Derek whined, reaching for it.

"Hm... This is a good one." Stiles mumbled as he flicked through the pages.

"Thank you." Derek mumbled when he snatched back the comic.

"Hey, hey, hey." Stiles rushed when a thought popped into his head, making him turn and face Derek.

"What?" Derek asked, narrowing his eyes at the other man.