s e v e n

Started: 26/04/2017 19:37
Finished: 27/04/2017 20:21
Completed: 27/04/2017 20:42

This chapter is dedicated to @imaginarystilinski for voting and commenting :) tysm

Derek had a slight grimace on his face as he watched the pack leave.

He wasn't going to see them for at least a few days; wasn't going to smell them for a few days; wasn't going to hear them for a few days; wasn't going to be able to gain comfort from the fact that they were just down the road if he needed them.

They were all going upstate.

He wished they'd all just stay in Beacon Hills, keep the pack bond strong, protect the territory together, but it was a lot to ask when the risk they'd lose their lives was out there.

Of course, there'd always been the risk they'd lose their lives, but the fact the risk could be lessened was what made him let them go.

If there wasn't that chance, he would've kept them all in Beacon Hills and fought off anything that came their way.

Stiles took his hand and pulled him back inside when the last car sped off, leaving a cloud of dust in its tracks.

"You've gotta stay in here whilst you can still smell the pack, or you'll get anxious." Stiles told Derek, even though he already knew it. "I'm staying with you, don't worry."

He grabbed his file and sat down on Derek's lap on one of the sofas in the living room.

Name: Shawn Laker
Age: 35
Height: 6' 1"
Race: White
Eye Colour: Grey
Hair Colour: Dark Brown
Occupation: N/A
Other Information: Robbed 27 stores, 3 banks and 49 homes. Moves around lots. Owns an illegally modified blue Ferrari 458 Spider with NOS engine. Knows how to escape a police chase. Murdered 8 people.

Stiles knew he was going to have work with the police on this case, especially since Shawn didn't seem to have a specific place of residence.

His pulled his phone out of his pocket and clicked on his dad's number.

"Hi, Stiles."

"Hey, Dad. I've got a few questions for a new case."

"Shoot."

"If you were in a car chase with someone you knew was going to escape, what would you do?"

"I would predict where they would be going and would take every short cut possible to reach that point at the same time as them."

"Ok. Have there been any robberies recently?"

"Yeah, a downtown corner shop had the cash register emptied."

"Can I come over to the station later and install a radio?"

"Of course."

"Ok, I'll see you later, Dad."

"Bye, Stiles." John replied before hanging up.

"I've gotta go and find a car that matches his. Will you be ok here?" Stiles asked Derek, looping his arms around his neck.

"Stop treating me like a piece of glass, Stiles. I'm not going to break."

"I know you're not. I just wanted to double check." Stiles mumbled, kissing Derek before getting up. "I'll be back in an hour or two."

"Bye."

------------------------------------------------------

Stiles looked around the garage.