The List

"Do you blame yourself?"

Vernon snapped out of his thoughts when he heard that faint voice. He glanced on his side and saw Dahyun's worried face.

After the revelation that happened awhile ago, the atmosphere became awkward. Wonwoo can't believe on what he heard, he has so many questions to ask but he chose to leave and find a better time to sort things out.

As for Vernon's mother, she didn't ask Dahyun's forgiveness. She said that she's willing to face the consequences for what she did.

Dahyun's mother had probably informed about the revelation, as Mingyu overheard it all when he happened to pay a visit to Dahyun. He too was shocked for what he heard. Like Wonwoo, he wants answers too, but since he just got recently involved with their circle of friends, he chose to wait for Dahyun, or perhaps Wonwoo or Vernon, to tell everything to him.

"Do you blame yourself because she is your mother?" Dahyun asked. She looks tired and really down. Her face is still wet from her tears.

Vernon sat down beside her, unable to make eye contact with her. The truth is, he is blaming himself. But if he tells that to her, she will feel bad.

"Please don't," she caressed his face. "I don't want you to blame yourself for a mistake you didn't do." When he finally met her eyes, she cupped his face, "It's painful to know the truth, especially to lose my father. But it will be painful if things will be different between us just because of what happened. Three years being away from you is pure torture. I don't know what to do if you will be the one to stay away from me." Tears streamed down on her face. "I love you so much I just can't afford to be away from you."

He can't take it anymore. He pulled her in his arms and dugged his face on the crooked of her neck. "It's just so hard for me to accept the fact that my mother was the reason why your father died and for me to forget about you." Vernon cried on her arms. He let out all the pain and frustration he's carrying. "But just like you, I just can't afford to lose you again. Three years had been a long time before I finally remember you." He cupped her face. "I can't say that I'm not blaming myself. But I want to assure you that things between us will never change. I won't leave you."

Dahyun smiled as she wiped Vernon's tears, "That answer is enough for me."

"I don't want you to think much about anything. You will be stressed out and that will be bad for you," he grabbed her hands and kissed them. "From now on, let's just focus on thinking positive and creating good memories."

Dahyun nodded. "I like that."

Then an idea popped in his head. "How about we make a list?"

Dahyun think for awhile before beaming a smile, "Vernon, do you remember the bucket list we made together?"

He stopped for awhile and shyly scratched his head. "Yes, I do. But I'm sorry, I don't remember where I put it. You know what happened to me, right?"

"I understand," she tried hard not to sound disappointed. "How about we make a new one?"

"Is that okay with you?" Vernon asked, still feeling guilty that he doesn't remember where he put the bucket list he and Dahyun made before.

"It's okay as long as we're doing it together," Dahyun reassured him.

Vernon get a pen and notebook. And the two began making their bucket list.

---

"First one is stargazing," Vernon think for a while. "You are not allowed to travel far and the doctor advised that you stay here in the hospital."

"The rooftop. I heard there are lots of stars there at night," Dahyun suggested.

"Okay, let's do that," Vernon smiled at her.

"Yay! I can't wait for tonight."

He stopped and looked at her, waiting if he heard her right. "You mean we're gonna stargaze tonight?"

She happily nodded.

"You sure? I mean, I still need to find someone who will lend me a telescope," he said, scratching his head.

"Then start finding now!" Dahyun playfully kicked him off her bed. "Go out! Find a person who can lend us a telescope. Go!"

"Fine. You don't need to kick me out," he pretends to get hurt with her light kicks. He kissed her forehead, "I'll be right back," then he head out of the room.

When Vernon is gone, Dahyun sadly looked at the bucket list they made, "I don't think I will be able to finish all of these with you," she mumbled as tears formed in her eyes. She took a deep breath and gently folded the piece of paper, placing it below her pillow.

She stared at the window and saw Vernon hurriedly looking for someone who can lend them a telescope.

She can't help but let out a soft sob. "I'm sorry, Vernon. I'm sorry I won't be able to stay with you for a long time."