Twelve

I count the money, you count it too

Cause you a reflection of me shawty

I don't fuck with them niggas, you don't fuck  with em

You a reflection of me shawty

Dee bobbed his head as he cruised the city riding to Moneybagg Yo and Gotti's 2Federal. This had to be at least his fifth time playing this same track. It was crazy how accurate the song was in reference to his and Ruby's relationship.

Since the beginning, Ruby had been by Dee's side ready to bust her guns alongside him. She was more savage than a few niggas he came across, that was for certain.

Ever since the two reconnected at Josh's grand opening they were inseparable. One thing that had Dee pissed though, Ruby wouldn't give up the snatch. She made it clear that there would be no sex if there was no commitment. Dee had no choice but to respect it.

Pissed wouldn't even describe what he was when they left Josh's club that night. Dee had sex on his mind, but Ruby cut that short quick saying she was simply there to talk. She felt like sex was a way of masking what they really felt, and she didn't want a relationship solely based on that.

Although Dee felt like that was dumb since he had banged her out on many occasions, he still sat up and talked with Ruby all night until they eventually fell asleep. She was still spending every night with him, but they slept in separate rooms.

Pulling up outside the hospital Dee shot Ruby a text letting her know he was outside. It didn't take any time for her to walk through the automatic doors.

"Sup?" Dee asked as soon as Ruby slid in his passenger seat. Ruby put on her seatbelt and fell back in the seat.

"Tired," she voiced looking over at Dee. "How was your day?"

Dee shrugged, "Productive. You missed me?"

"I did, did you miss me? You're always the one frontin' and such," Ruby shot back. Instead of replying Dee cut up the music and drove off. Ruby rolled her eyes in annoyance.

Dee drove a few miles before cutting the music down and looking over at Ruby.

"Hungry?" He asked before turning his attention back to the road. Ruby shrugged as if he could see her. "Ru," Dee called out taking his eyes off the road once again.

"I'm fine Demetrius," Ruby snapped.

"Fuck is your problem?" Dee frowned.

"Nothing at all. I could tell you the problem all day, but there still wouldn't be a solution. Why waste my breath?"

Dee groaned rubbing his scruffy beard. He needed to hit Zay up for a line up with the quickness.

"Here you go with the dumb shit bruh. Why you always gotta start with that Ru? We can't ever just have a cool day." He blew out in frustration.

"I'm not starting with shit! I made a simple statement, but you know what they say about truth?"

Dee smacked his lips and turned the music back up. He wasn't about to let Ruby ruin his day with the bullshit.

"Exactly," Ruby rolled her eyes turning towards the window.

Dee pulled up to McDonald's and ordered them both a nugget meal. He knew Ruby better than he knew himself, so he knew to get her food. After placing the bags in the backseat because Ruby was being too petty to hold them, he drove off and headed towards his house.

Once Dee pulled up in his driveway Ruby damn near jumped out of the car before he hit the brakes. Being that she had a spare key she made her way inside slamming the door.