Twenty

"What you over here thinking about?" Dee asked stepping up behind Ruby as she stared out into the ocean. Even with that beautiful sight, Dee couldn't help but look at Ruby.

Josh surprised Amelia with a small intimate wedding and Dee was feeling some type of way after the ceremony.

Ruby shrugged, "You think we'll ever get to this point?" She asked not bothering to turn away from the view in front of her. Dee sighed and wrapped his arms around Ruby's waist.

"Funny thing about that, I've been wondering too." He stated lost in thought.

"So what's the problem?"

"There ain't a problem Ru. I asked you if I wanted to make shit official what would you say, you told me don't."

"Because Demetrius," Ruby sighed turning in his embrace to face him. "Why now? I just don't want it to be for the wrong reasons. I don't wanna have to wonder. Last night the girls and I were talking and-"

"I don't care about that shit Ru! I don't care what no one else thinks. It's me and you. Always has been, always will be. This can never be for the wrong reasons, I love you. I'm sure of that."

"I love you too Demetrius, you know that. But-"

"But nothing Ru! Stop! Stop that. We're good. This is me now looking you in the eyes and telling you I'm ready! I want this baby, I want you, I want us. Can we do this?" Dee begged. He couldn't handle Ruby turning him down.

Rolling her eyes, Ruby smirked. "Sure Demetrius."

Dee picked Ruby up and spun her around planting kisses all over her face. She laughed loudly as she basked in happiness.

"I love you Ru, you and my baby. I promise you ain't gonna regret this shit."

"We love you too Demetrius." Ruby sighed. She didn't know how to act now that she was officially Demetrius's girlfriend. Even saying that felt funny.

"So... You're gonna teach me what to do right?" Dee chuckled nervously placing Ruby on her feet.

"Really?" Ruby laughed.

"Teach me how to love, show me the way to surrender my heart!" Dee sang loudly off key. Ruby jumped up trying to cover his mouth causing the two of them to fall in the sand cracking up.

Dee laid back and Ruby laid on top of him.

"I love you," she smiled placing a kiss on his lips. Dee hugged her tightly and returned the kiss.

"I love you more Ru."
                     _________________
"Fat Girl?!" Dee walked inside Ruby's house yelling with his sunglasses on to mask his hangover. Ruby was sprawled out on the couch eating Butter Pecan ice cream with Doritos crunched up at the bottom.

"Why are you always yelling?" She frowned once Dee rounded the corner smiling at her.

They had been back from the Bahamas for a week now and neither of them touched on the necessary steps to take to move forward.

"Why are you always eating?" He shot back grabbing Ruby's spoon dipping it in the ice cream. "What the hell," Dee spat spitting into his hand.

Ruby laughed, "that's what you get! Now what were you hollering about?"

"Your ass is nasty as hell Ru! Type of shit is you feeding my kid?"

Dee snatched Ruby's bowl and looked down in it spotting the Doritos. He couldn't do anything other than shake his head and laugh.

"Don't act like you didn't like it," Ruby laughed. "It's actually a bomb ass combination."

Dee walked over to the kitchen sink and washed his hands before returning to take a seat next to Ruby.