Nineteen

Ruby sat at a table in Ruth's Chris Steakhouse tapping her manicured nails on the table. She had been standoffish all day, but her irritation level was definitely on one hundred at the moment.

She had been waiting for her guest to arrive and he was fifteen minutes late. If that wasn't enough to push Ruby over the edge, Demetrius was being extra clingy and had been blowing up her phone all day.

Just as she prepared to leave, Ruby's guest showed up wearing a sincere expression.

"I'm sorry I'm late, my daughter's sick and I-"

Ruby held up her hand cutting him off. She was exhausted and ready to get home and take off her bra because her nipples were aching something terrible.

"Why am I here Khalil?" Ruby asked getting straight to the point. Taking the hint Khalil pulled out his seat and sat down. He cleared his throat before speaking.

"I miss you Ruby. I feel like you didn't give us a fair chance." He voiced.

"A fair chance?! Khalil, you got another woman pregnant! A woman I was already at odds with behind a guy! Not only did you get her pregnant once, you did it twice. So please, enlighten me on why I'm here wasting my time with this bullshit!"

Khalil frowned, "Damn Ruby! You're acting like you didn't play a part in this. It's not like I came here searching for her... You practically pushed me in her arms."

"You know what," Ruby sighed. "You have some fucking nerve! If we weren't in this nice establishment I'd slap the shit out of you. So you bring me here for what? To throw that shit in my face? Get over it already, I have."

"Nah, I don't believe you. If you were really over it you wouldn't have even come. I know that you know, deep down inside we're supposed to be together Ru! You have to give me something... I, I need closure."

"Khalil, I'm-" Ruby's words got stuck in her throat when she glanced​ up and spotted Demetrius power walking in their direction. Her eyes damn near bulged from the sockets.

Dee didn't give Ruby a chance to speak, or Khalil a chance to even know what was happening before he snatched him from his seat and punched him in the face.

"Demetrius!" Ruby screamed jumping up from her seat trying to stop Dee from killing Khalil.

"Nigga you must not like your life huh?" Dee asked in between punches. "I. Thought. I. Made. Myself. Clear. When. I. Told. You. To. Stay. The. Fuck. Away."

Ruby saw the patrons in the restaurant panicking and knew the cops would be there in no time. She took her chances and grabbed Demetrius's arm mid swing.

"We need to leave right now! The police are on the way!" Ruby spat pleading with her eyes. Dee snatched away.

"Fuck off me!" He spat shrugging Ruby off. Dee hit Khalil one last time before storming out of the restaurant.

Ruby didn't even think to check on Khalil as she chased behind Demetrius yelling his name.

Dee had no plans on stopping at the moment because he was positive he'd ring her fucking neck the way he was feeling. He made a beeline to his car and got the fuck out of dodge.

Ruby made it to her own car and followed behind Demetrius. She already knew dealing with Dee's attitude would be a struggle, but she had to let him know that it wasn't what it looked like.

"Demetrius!" Ruby yelled letting herself inside Dee's house. He was standing in the kitchen drinking Hennessy straight from the bottle.

"Get out Ru!" Dee stated in a firm tone. Ruby stood her ground.