Twenty Two

"So let me get this straight," Dominguez replied swiping a thumb across his nose, "You're coming to me to ask out of a position you asked for and I'm supposed to say what?"

Demetrius had Josh setup a sit-down with Dominquez. Initially the connect thought this was a money meeting, but the scowl gracing his face showed his disdain for what was really going on.

"With all do respect Jefe-" Josh started before Dominguez held up his hand cutting him off.

"Joshua, from my understanding my business is no longer your business, correct? So let Demetrius speak for himself. I don't need you pulling his strings."

Josh nodded and bit down on his jaw. He saw Dee's nostrils flaring from his peripheral and knew shit was about to go left.

"Look," Dee sat up in his chair cutting in. "I know what I asked for in the beginning and I had every intention of following through with that request. Things have changed though Jefe. I came to you as a man today​ to respectfully ask to step down."

Dominguez chuckled, "There is no stepping down Demetrius. Maybe you should have informed him on how this worked," he stated glancing at Josh. "You," he pointed to Dee. "Took Joshua's position so he could bow out gracefully. You took that position giving me your word that it was for as long as I needed you. I don't know if you know, but business is booming. Right now you're asking me to take a major loss in a multi-million dollar business, my answer is no."

Demetrius sighed trying to calm his temper. He knew he needed to choose his next words carefully.

"With all due respect, I didn't have to come here asking for your permission Dominguez. I'm a grown ass man. I'm simply giving you the heads up on what's about to go down. My life is headed in a different direction and I'll gladly pay my way out of-"

Dominquez laughed a hearty laugh before scooting to the edge of his seat and speaking.

"I like you kid, always have. You have balls bigger than Texas, I'll give you that. Let me ask you a question Demetrius since you're so adamant about making this choice. You like jewels?" Dominguez asked pausing. When Dee didn't reply he continued. "I ask because​ I hear diamonds are a girl's best friend... But I'm pretty fond of them myself. What I really want is a Ruby though." He smirked.

Dee jumped up from his seat causing Josh to do the same, and all of Dominguez's guards drew their weapons.

Dominguez didn't even flinch. He waved his guards off as Josh gripped Dee's shoulder.

"You sure you wanna play it like that Dominguez?" Dee asked breathing heavily. If he was strapped he'd shoot the smirk from his face. What he needed Jefe to understand was that he trained half his men.

"See you at the end of the month for my money." Dominguez spoke sitting back in his seat. "Phillipe, show these gentlemen​ out."

Dee shrugged Josh's hand from his shoulder and made his way to the door. He was fuming. The nerve of that muthafucka to speak Ruby's name.

Josh didn't release a breath until he and Dee were exiting Dominguez's compound.

"You know what this means?" Josh asked pulling at his beard while driving down the long dirt road heading towards the main interstate.

"Boot up, we goin to war," Dee sighed.
                      _______________

Ruby and Dee were doing their daily routine of walking around the track at the local park. After researching ways to have a easy delivery and chatting with Amelia about the process, Ruby was doing everything she could to make sure her princess slid out with ease.