Sounds Like a Tampon

Alex's POV:

     I leaned over the side of the bed and shut off the alarm coming from my phone. Then I leaned back and sat up. Where's Tobin?

     "Tobin? Are you still here?"

     "Mmhm." Tobin walked out of the bathroom, a toothbrush hanging out of her mouth and her hair hanging in a messy bun. It was adorable. "We're late."

     "Late?" I looked at the time on my phone. 10:23 am. "Oh my god! The bus to the game! Doesn't it leave like... now?" I asked as I ran around, trying to push aside Tobin's dirty clothes to find my socks and cleats.

     "Hey, chill, it's fine." Tobin assured me, walking back into the bathroom. "They'll wait a few minutes for us."

     "This is my first game! This is such a bad first impression..." I shoved my boots in my bag and changed my shirt, running into the bathroom to brush my teeth, pushing Tobin aside in the process.

     "Whoa, lex." Tobin smiled at me and put her toothbrush back onto the sink. "Seriously, chill out. Nobody cares if we're a little late."

     "I care." I quickly ran the brush through my hair and put it up into a ponytail. "Does this look okay?"

     "You look great, Alex, let's go."  Tobin winked at me and left the bathroom as I felt heat rush to my cheeks.

~~~

     "Look who decided to show?" Abby joked as Tobin and I mounted the bus. I felt my stomach twist in embarrassment and I quickly walked down the aisle and sat down at an open row.

     "Tobin and Alex are goals, it's official." Pinoe shouted gleefully from the seat across from us.

     "I thought Moe and I were goals?" Kling said while leaning over her seat, making a pouting face at Pinoe.

     "Of course you are! I can have more than one goal, aight." Pinoe retorted, throwing a water bottle at Kling. "I already told you, you guys are KlingenMoe, aka best ship name ever! By yours truly." She stood up and bowed. "You guys need one!" She pointed at Tobin and I.

     "Nah, we're good, thanks though." Tobin said, but Pinoe waved her off.

     "Tobin and Alex....Albin! No, actually that's awful... Wait!" Pinoe smiled. "Talex! You guys have to be Talex! Perfect."

     I turned to Tobin, who smiled slightly at me. "Talex sounds like a tampon. Perfect." I noted, making Tobin burst into laughter.

     "Can you all be quiet? Some of us need silence." Carli stood up from the front of the bus and closed her book, glaring at us.

     "Yeah guys, keep it the fuck down." Pinoe said, sitting back down.

     "Pinoe, shut up." Lauren Chalupny yelled from the back. Pinoe stuck her tongue out at her and faced forward.

     "Tobin and Alex, sittin' in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G." Pinoe whispered over to us during the bus ride. "First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes the baby in the baby carriage."

     Tobin just glared at Pinoe as I shrunk lower in the seat.

End of Chapter 7

Sorry for the short chapter, I just wanted to stop here so the next chapter can be about their first game... probably update this weekend :)

lemme know what you guys think so far / what you wanna see