We're Okay Now, Right?

Alex's POV:

"Hey, Serv." I said bluntly into the phone right when he picked up.

"Hey... babe. What's up? You... you don't normally call... at this time." Servando said and my eyebrows scrunched in confusion at his voice. Was he panting?

"Umm, yeah sorry. But I really need to talk to you."

"Can it wait?" Servando said and I heard movement in the background. What the fuck is he doing?

"Not really, why? What are you up to?"

"Uh, nothing. Nothing. What do you want to talk about?"

"Look, Serv." I took a deep breath and felt my heart racing. "This isn't gonna work. Us. We're not gonna work."

There was silence on the other end of the phone. 

"Are you still there?"

"... Why, Alex?"

"You can't understand, Serv. I'm so sorry."

"Is it Tobin?"

A lump formed in my throat. Why did he assume that? "W-why do you think that? It's not about another person, it's my fault."

"Yeah, right." Now I heard the anger in his voice. "Whatever, Alex. Have a nice life being a dyke." And with that he hung up and I just sat there, my jaw hanging open. What the fuck did he just call me?

I didn't cry. I probably should've, but I didn't. I just kinda felt... empty. That was supposed to help me, not make me feel like this.

Getting up, I walked inside and sat down for dinner. There was a buffet set up, but I didn't feel like eating. Tobin was across the table from me, but she didn't even look at me so eventually I just left.

Without bothering to knock, I walked into my room. Hope was on her bed, her back facing me. Why wasn't she at dinner? Then I heard muffled sobs.

"H-hope? Are you alright?"

Hope jolted up and turned to me. "What the fuck, Alex? Don't you knock?"

"Yeah, but... it's dinner... I didn't think anybody..." I tried to say as Hope walked up to me and got in my face.

"Didn't think anybody - what? Why are you so stupid?" Hope gritted her teeth and basically spat in my face.

"I'm sorry... are you okay, Hope? I thought I heard you cr..." I tried to stay calm as Hope started pushing me back by my shoulders.

"You didn't hear anything, bitch." Hope yelled as she pushed me harder, making me fall backwards. "Just shut up." Finally she left.

I laid there for a couple of minutes. Searing pain was radiating from my lower back and I rolled over onto my stomach; I had landed on my cleats. Okay, now this is the worst day ever.

Forcing myself to get up, I stumbled over to the bed and laid down again. Then I closed my eyes and everything went dark.

Tobin's POV: