Chapter 2- The drakos

One month has passed since I got the envelope. I still haven't decided what I want to do. It would be great to go to Hogwarts but on the other side I would need to let Hedge and Mellie alone.

These past days have been very quiet. There weren't any monster attack and I could train more. In three days I need to send the owl if I want to go, but I will let the matter down until tomorrow.

-Alexia!!! An other drako is trying to get into the house!!!- Mellie begins to panic.

-I will deal with it. Call Hedge and tell him that I will deal with it in an hand to hand combat .- I take my hair pin I use normally to hold my hair together and I secure with it my hair, making sure that it didn't bother me during my fight. Then I get into the living room and I see that Mellie is talking with Hedge about the drako.

-I will get going now. I see you later .- I go out of the house and I summon my two swords. The swords were a present of Artemis, for my 12 birthday. They practically come from the hair pin I use to secure my hair. I also have a bracelet that summon a bow, courtesy of Apollo, and a pendant that summons a long sword, a present of Poseidon.

That isn't the first drako attack this month. I already destroyed other two. One with the manipulation of the elements (fire: Hephaestus, water: Poseidon, air: Zeus, earth: Demeter, Persephone and Hades) and the other one with shifting (a gift from my grandpa Poseidon).

-Hey, ugly drako. I wonder how you could even survive that long being so weak that you can't even fight me .- I begin my fight with something irritating, so that the drako gets furious. I learned from my other fights (not only the 2 of this month, by also others of other years), that  if I let a drako fight with a cool head, it gets harder to plan the different moves. When you insult them, they react very direct and aggressive, like Ares.

The drakos are nothing like the dragons we know of the stories. The drakos are like Chinese luck dragons, with a long body and no wings. But there are different drakos. Some drakos can breath fire, others breath acid and some of their have got the ability to fly. The one before me could breath fire, a common one that was easy to fight with, especially with my godly blood that gave me fire resistance.

I prepare myself for the first attack. After I insult him he breathes fire upon me.  I move fast in direction of his mouth and when he stops the fire breathing, I am able to cut down his head.

The only problem there was, it looks like his pair was with him and she didn't look so happy that I killed her partner. The second drako splits acid in my direction, but I am fast enough to escape the certain death.

-So you are the poor drako that was mated with this weakling .- I tease her. She isn't very happy about it, and she jumps towards me.

Half way in the air a dozens silver arrows embedded in her body, but they aren't enough to kill her. She roars and tries to get me between her fangs. Lucky me, I move out of the way and I am able to cut one of her legs.

On the edge of my vision I see some female figures coming out of the woods. All the figures wear the same outfit; military boots, camouflage trousers, camouflage T-shirts and a silver bow in the hand. The Hunters of Artemis. But Artemis had promised that she wouldn't guide the Hunters towards my terrains!

-Leave her to me!!!! Stand back and if you want to do something then protect the cottage .- I order them around because this is my fight and I don't like to let someone else fight my fights.

-We don't run from a fight. We are the Hunters of Artemis and..- I interrupt her.

-And Artemis promised me that she wouldn't bring her hunters in my terrains .- I say to the girl that was speaking, at the same time evading a shot of acid. An other wave of arrows streaks the drako.

-I said LEAVE HER TO ME!!!!- I am getting mad at the Hunters and I decide that, if I don't want to blow up everything, I should concentrate all my anger on the drako. I summon the shadows of Nyx and I send them like arms of an octopus towards the drako. The arms immobilize my victim and give me enough time to prepare myself for the last blow.

But, sadly, the Hunters see it as a possibility to destroy her themselves. They run together towards the drako and they try to get a hit on her. But I loose my nerves and a bunch of vines shoot out of the earth, blocking the way of the Hunters.

Fast, so that the Hunters don't interfere, I approach the drako. I free her form the chains of darkness and prepare myself to free her form her suffering. She already is dying and I don't like do make any living creature suffer. I take my two swords over my head and bring them down to the head of the drako lady.

I let the vines down, and they retreat to the earth on my command. The Hunters catch glimpses of the dissolving body of the drako and they see the price of an other drako, lying on the earth. It is always a scale, but I am happy about it.

I take both scales and I tuck them under my arm. Then I turn towards the Hunters, a bit shaky. I used more power that I though, but because there were more enemies that I though. First of all was the second drako and then there were the Hunters of Artemis.

Hello readers, I would be happy if you comment, vote or subscribe. If you see any errors then comment them and don't stay silent.
(1046 words)