Chapter Ten - The Yule Ball

NOTE: Look guys, I made a thing for Caitlyn's outfit which is displayed at the side! I know it's awful, but I felt like doing it so yay :) It just gives you an idea of what Caitlyn looks like (clothes wise) on this chapter :P I do hope you enjoy this chapter, I worked hard on it! :)

Chapter Ten - The Yule Ball

It was finally the night of the Yule Ball. Cedric and I hadn't gotten very far with the egg, but we had now come to the conclusion that it was some form of animal or creature singing. It was just what creature it was and how to find out what it was saying. Even though we had a long way to go with the egg, that evening Cedric and I hadn't gone to the library, we had gone to our common rooms so we could prepare for the ball, seeing as it started at eight o'clock. I was so excited and Cho had come up to my dormitory so we could get ready and squeal together.

Cho got changed first. She stepped out of the bathroom first and did a little twirl. All the girls in my dorm clapped. Cho looked beautiful. She was wearing a silk dress with little pink flowers were stitched here and there. She had really long sleeves that almost touched the ground. It was oriental, beautiful, and suited her perfectly, showing off her slim figure. Her sleeves could be removed, so if she got a bit hot, she could take her sleeves off too cool her arms down. She had put her straight hair into a messy knot at the back of her head.

"You look stunning, Cho." I said to her, causing her to blush and giggle slightly.

"Really?" She asked, doing another twirl.

"Lee is going to go into shock when he sees you!" One of my roommates said, placing a hand on her heart and looking at Cho. Cho giggled and sat down and looked at me, nodding.

All the other girls were dressed and ready with their pretty silk dresses and fancy hair. That meant it was my turn now. Cho gave me an encouraging smile as I picked up the box containing my dress and the blue flats with the little bows. I grabbed a hairbrush from my bedside table and hurried into the bathroom, locking the door behind me. I felt my heart beast fast as I changed from my normal robes into the dress. It fitted perfectly. My mother knows me too well, thought as I sat on the edge of the bathtub and slipped the shoes on. I then ran the brush through my dark hair. I was going to take advantage of how it curled naturally at the end, so I left it down and tied two, thick parts together at the back of my head in a messy, but tidy way. I looked at my reflection, and the girl that looked back at me looked confident, but in a small, delicate way. The only way I knew that this girl was me, was because she still managed to look shy and quiet.

I was ready.

I folded up my robes and put them in a neat pile by the bath and took a deep breath before unlocking the door and stepping out. Everyone in the room gasped, I didn't know if was a good way, or a bad way, but there was no going back now, I just smiled shyly and continued to walk cautiously out of the small bathroom.

"I've never seen your hair down before!" One of the girls said, slightly shocked, as I gingerly stepped out further and did a little twirl. Cho ran forwards and grabbed both of my hands. She actually looked like she was about to cry. Why, I did not know.

"Cedric is going to fall in love with you as soon as he lays eyes on you, for real and not just in my imagination." Cho said, sounding quite motherly about the matter. I smiled and looked to the floor, feeling slightly bashful, "And you know I don't lie."

"Thanks Cho. That really means a lot to me." I said as she squeezed my hands.

"Now, I think we've left all our boys waiting long enough. Let's go and surprise them!" She said excitedly, linking arms with me as we left the dormitory, leaving the other girls behind. We walked down the steps and into the dormitory, where some people were hanging around. The third years and below looked on jealously as the fourth years and above showed each other their dresses, robes, dates and talked excitedly about the ball. Cho and I managed to exit the common room and walk along the corridors.