Chapter Fifteen - The Third Task

NOTE: This chapter WILL change points of view! It will start off in Caitlyn's, and then you will be notified when it changes. Thank you for sticking with us (us being Caitlyn, Cedric and I), this far! I hope you enjoy it :)

Chapter Fifteen - The Third Task [UNDER EDITING ew ew ew]

Of course I had been scared many times in my life, but never like this; I had never been scared like I was now. It was the night before the third task, and nightmares were plaguing my sleep. I kept tossing around, uncomfortable, and could feel sweat clam up my back and neck. It was a cruel sense of fear, something I would never have expected to feel before.

The stress of exams and the thought of Cedric competing in the task come sunrise was enough to wake me up in the night, sweating. After the third wake up I just cried. My nightmare had felt so real. We had argued, and thrown by it, I had failed my exams before Cedric was killed during the third task. Being sensible I knew it was only a dream, but the negativity and the lack of sleep was scaring me senseless. I had to talk to someone, and luckily I knew who.

I covered my pyjamas with my dressing gown before I grabbed Cedric's scarf from my bedside table and exited my dorm, rushing down the spiralling staircase for a little bit before I reached the fifth year girls. I knocked on the door and waited. A couple of seconds later, the door opened and to my relief, it was Cho who answered. She looked slightly annoyed, but her face softened when she saw my teary face. Cho knew me well now and I knew she could guess the reason for why I was crying.

"Come on." She said simply, before she held my hand gently and lead me down the spiral staircase and down into the common room, which was thankfully empty. Cho sat in an armchair and I placed myself down in the one opposite. A few embers were burning in the fire, but I still shivered. Cho gave me a concerned look, "He'll be fine. I know he will. Was it a bad dream?" I fiddled with the scarf in my hand and nodded.

"Yes. I had several, but they all concerned him in one way or another. In one of them...he died." I said, biting on my lip. Cho clucked her tongue sympathetically.

"Teenage years and hormones are awful, aren't they?" Cho said, causing me to laugh quietly, "But you're stressed out due to the exams and I presume you've been helping Cedric quite a bit. I mean, I was in the library and I saw the two of you, looking completely exhausted, practising hexes and wand movements." Cho then leaned towards me, now wearing a small smirk, "It was so cute when you corrected him, and you know what, while you were showing him how to correctly move his wand, he was gazing at you the whole time. That's why he got it wrong when you asked him to show you."

"No, he wasn't 'gazing' at me, he was just confused." I insisted, feeling slightly awkward. Though secretly, I was hoping what Cho had just said was true, "He did get it right. And also, you were watching us?"

"After a few goes of you explaining it to him. I am telling you, he was staring at you half the time! He really does like you...a lot." Cho said, giggling. I didn't mind, though. It was distracting me from my bad dreams about Cedric dying, "It was completely by accident, I didn't mean to find you, but when I did, it was too adorable not to see...so I sort of stayed."

"I accidentally called him adorable once. In front of him." I muttered, remembering our 'Proud Badgers' conversation. Cho's jaw dropped and her eyes lit up.

"Tell me more." She was now seated on the edge of her chair, staring intently at me. This made me feel much better, Cho acting normally around me was enough to calm myself down. This was why she was my friend. It also made me feel exactly like a normal teenage girl who wasn't awfully shy and who talked about this sort of thing with their best friend.