Chapter Thirteen - Cedric Diggory, The First

NOTE: Back to Caitlyn's POV again :) Yay, back to normal :) But was Cedric's POV okay? I found it fun to write in, but I prefer Caitlyn's :P

Chapter Thirteen - Cedric Diggory, The First

I sat at the Ravenclaw table for breakfast a couple of days later, happily munching on my toast and reading my book (The Standard Book of Spells: Grade 6) for the whatever number it is now amount of times I have read it. I still liked reading it, though. The spells were just as interesting as they had been the first three times I had read about them. I looked up from my book to see Cedric practically asleep on his plate of bacon, snoozing away. He had been really tired recently, and today wasn't an exception in the matter. I smiled to myself at how cute it was as his hair blew up slightly when he breathed out, and took another bite of my toast, finishing it up. I then pushed my plate away so I didn't have to balance my book against a milk jug. I continued to read, when I heard laughter coming from the Slytherin table. I looked up to see Draco Malfoy reading Witch Weekly with his gaggle of cronies, his face in a twisted smile. I glowered at them before looking back at my book. He was probably only reading that magazine because it was insulting Harry Potter in some way.

The owls then came flying in with the post. Something flew down and almost landed in the milk jug in front of me. It was Witch Weekly, and I could see that Rita Skeeters's article was about Harry Potter and his best friend Hermione. Rita Skeeter was an awful woman and I hated her for what she said about everybody. She had her readers wrapped around her little finger and it was horrible. I read the article, tutted under my breath and folded the newspaper, putting it on a different part of the table. I was just thanking whoever watched over us that Rita Skeeter hadn't made an article on Cedric and I yet. I didn't think I would be able to handle the attention and the constant, accusing whispers when I walked past somebody. Even though I was breaking through my shell and had found two friends, I still wasn't ready for the spotlight just yet. The Second Task almost killed me when people were taking pictures, cheering and everyone had had their eyes on me for at least a second during that Task.

I looked up at the Hufflepuff table. Cedric had stirred and sat up, peeling the bit of bacon off of his face, wiping away the oil from it with a disgusted look taking over his features. Once he had finished cleaning himself up, his eyes caught mine. I waved half heartily, but it was enough to make Cedric feel the impulse to come and join me at the Ravenclaw table. He sat down next to me and smiled, before propping himself up on his elbows and looking at the cover of my book.

"Haven't you read that about a hundred times already?" He asked me, while yawning. The last of the owls were fluttering in, hooting quietly with exhaustion as they landed heavily on the tables. Some of the Beauxbatons students hadn't gotten used to how we just let the owls eat off of our plates and nip our hands. Golden horses probably delivered the post at their school, knowing how fancy they were over there. I smiled down at the Hufflepuff boy as he looked up at me, expecting an answer.

"Yes, but it's good to re-read things. I know you've read Quidditch Through The Ages quite a few times. You always seem to get it out the library. Haven't you got your own?" I asked him, knowing what I wanted to get him as a gift over the Easter Break. Cedric seemed to blush slightly.

"No, I don't own a copy. I wanted to get one on the next Hogsmeade visit as I really would like my own one so I don't have to keep taking it out from the library." Cedric said, sitting up slightly, adjusting his posture to something slightly more ergonomic and comfortable.

"Don't you even dare." I said to him, slightly menacingly. Cedric looked slightly nonplussed, but that might have been because of how tired he was. He nodded slowly, before slumping sideways, his head resting on my shoulder. His breath was now even and barely audible over the chatter of the Hall, meaning he was asleep. I smiled to myself as I reopened my book, secretly wanting to see what would happen when the bell rang.