Chapter 1

My name is Jesse. Jesse Reed. And I have epilepsy. I'm the freak who is completely fine one moment, and the next moment I'd be shaking and thrashing violently on the ground. So far, I've kept it completely hidden. Nobody knows about it. Not even my parents. That is... until today.

    I sat in E.L.A., working on one of the many essays we'd been assigned that year, when my vision suddenly went blurry. I knew what this meant. I put my pencil down and clutched the edge of my desk tightly, trying to keep myself from falling over. A moment later, I found myself on the ground, looking up at the astonished and freaked out faces of my classmates.

    I propped myself up on my palms, staring into the eyes of the teacher, who had gotten out of herc seat and walked over to me, which was a sign that I'd been shaking for at least ten seconds, although it was probably much longer. I looked down at my legs, not wanting to meet anybody's gaze. A few parts of my body were sore, a sign that my thrashing had caused me to hit a few objects. I knew I'd have a few bruises in the morning in the areas that had been hit.

    The teacher said nothing to me, but instead turned to one of the students. "Lukas, can you take Jesse to the nurse's office?" I turned to see Lukas, the leader of the ocelots. I'd never really spoken to him before, but I knew he was pretty popular. Actually, he was really popular. Everyone wanted to be in his gang.

    Lukas slowly nodded, not taking his eyes off of me. I slowly got up, keeping my gaze to the floor. I slowly followed him out of the classroom, trying to ignore the weird looks my classmates were giving me. As soon as we were out of the classroom, Lukas turned to me.

    "Are you...okay?" he asked cautiously, as if at any moment I would jump at him. I slowly nodded, looking down. "How long was I..." I trailed off. He looked up at the ceiling as we walked down the hall. "About a minute," he said. I slowly nodded before another wave of dizziness came over me. I stumbled into one of the lockers and turned to lean my back on it, holding my head.

    Lukas stopped walking and watched as I struggled to regain my vision. The dizziness ended as suddenly as it had started and me and Lukas continued on our way to the nurse's office.

    The nurse had confirmed that I had epilepsy after I explained to her what had been happening. She called my mom to inform her about it after she sent me and Lukas back to class. I tried to ignore the odd looks my classmates gave me as I took my seat again. Petra leaned over to whisper to me as soon as I took my seat.

"Jesse, what the hell just happened?" she whispered. "I have epilepsy," I whispered back. She gave me a wary look, but dropped the subject. I felt a finger tap my shoulder and turned around to see Aiden. He leaned over his desk to whisper in my ear. "Freak," he said. I frowned as I turned back around. Aiden's bad list is not something you want to be on. He could completely ruin your social life. And now he's going to go after mine.

Hope you guys like it :D Shout out to my friend @NeverEndingFanfics :D Go check out their stories because they are AMAZING!