Chapter 2

I frowned as I walked into the lunchroom. Word of my little episode had traveled quickly. I tried to ignore the condescending gazes of all the other students. My friends all gave me wary looks as I approached the our lunch table. Olivia held a hand out and covered my usual seat when I reached it.

    "Um... Jesse, we think it's best if you don't sit with us today," she said slowly. I couldn't stop the look of hurt from covering my face. "Wh... why?" I stammered. She looked away from me. "Well... you're... you're not... normal. You're labeled as a freak now and... well, we don't want to be known as freaks, too," she said, obviously well aware of how much her words hurt me. I tried to hold back tears as I looked down and walked away. I suddenly lost my appetite and decided to ditch my tray of food at the trash can before walking out of the cafeteria.

    I leaned against the lockers in the school hallway, trying to wipe away the seemingly endless tears that fell from my eyes. I slid my back down the lockers and hugged my knees to my chest. A few minutes later, I heard someone clear their throat. I looked up to see Lukas. "What do you want?" I asked.

    He looked down, obviously uncomfortable. I sighed. "Why don't you go back to your friends? You don't want to get caught talking to a freak like me," I said, looking away from him. He crouched down beside me, looking me in the eyes now. "Are you okay?" he asked. I glared at him. "Why do you care?" I said harshly. He put his hands up in defense and I looked down again, a slight feeling of guilt rising in my stomach.

    "You're not a freak," he said. I looked up at him with an angry expression. "Ask anyone else in the school. They'll agree with me," I said. He let out a sigh, looking down. "I won't," he said. I looked away from him, wiping a few tears away. "Just go back to Aiden. I just want to be alone right now," I said. He opened his mouth to say something, but immediately shut it. He eventually sighed and got up, walking back to the cafeteria.

Hope you guys like it :D