Chapter 7

The weekend had been almost unbearable. I usually went to Petra's or Olivia's house on the weekends, but we were no longer friends. Lukas had texted me multiple times, but I never replied. He needs to forget about me. It would be better for him.

    I sighed and flopped down on my bed. Mom was at work again. I stared at the ceiling for a few moments before I heard the doorbell ring. I groaned and got up to answer it, wincing as my head started to ache. I knew I was dehydrated, but I had no intention of drinking anything.

    I opened the door, expecting to see one of my neighbors or someone coming to deliver a package, but instead I find... Aiden? Every part of me was screaming to close the door on him, but, despite the urge, I held the door open and leaned against the doorframe to balance myself.

    "Um... hey, Aiden," I said. He scratched the back of his head. "Um... hi. I just wanted to see how you were doing. You haven't said anything since thursday and Lukas said you won't reply to his texts. I just wanted to make sure you were okay," he said. "Well, I'm fine," I replied calmly. He looked down, shoving his hands in his pockets. We stood in awkward silence for a moment before he spoke again.

    "Jesse, Lukas is really upset about you quitting. I mean, don't get me wrong, he isn't mad at you. And he doesn't dislike you. He's just... really sad about it. And he's worried about you," he said. I sighed. "Well tell him that I'm fine. I just... why does he even want me to do this with him? He'd do much better without me," I said.

    "But he won't. You're the best dance he's ever met. And you're the first person he's ever actually connected with so easily. He was so happy when he found out what you guys had in common and he never shuts up about you. And I'll be honest, when you first started hanging out with him, I was really mad. I really didn't want you to join us. But I was wrong, okay? I was so wrong. And I'm not just saying that because you have enough talent to be on dancing with the stars. I'm saying that because you really are a good person. I've never seen Lukas so happy in my life. Please just... come back," he pleaded. I let out a long sigh.

    "Fine. I'll do it," I said.

Hope you guys like it :D