Chapter 10

Me and Lukas continued to work every day after school. Sometimes, the other ocelots would come and watch us, but it was usually just the two of us.

    I smiled and hummed as I unlocked the door to my house. I slowly opened it and closed it behind me before walking straight towards my bedroom. I was stopped in the hallways by a voice behind me.

    "Jesse. You're home. Care to explain where you've been?" I turned around to see my mom holding a vase of flowers she had probably been moving. I gulped, trying to think of an excuse. "Um... I went to a friend's house to study with them," I said. She raised an eyebrow.

    "Really?" she asked. I slowly nodded. "Because I heard from your friend Nick that you'd been going to dance with that Louie boy every day after school for the past month," she said. I looked down. "Well he's lying," I said. "I also saw the video of you at that show," she said. I froze up. "I don't recall ever allowing you to do that," she said. My hands started shaking.

    "I don't need your permission for everything," I said. She said nothing for a few seconds. I slowly brought my head up to look at her and as soon as I did, she rammed the vase into my skull, causing it to shatter and me to fall to the ground.

    I looked up at her in fear, but her expression still remained calm. "I'll be coming home early every day to make sure you come straight home from school. Now clean this mess up," she said before turning to walk away.

Sorry it's so short :( Hope you all like it :)