___Chapter 5___

I really don't know how to write action scenes so...just go along with me. Tell me where I can improve and I most probably will.

I'm not too sure about this chapter.

One knife. That's all we had. Just one knife.

So how can we possibly take down two fully-armed and well-trained guards?

"Look, I'm not the one to fight physically. I can maybe manipulate him with my words, or maybe distract him for sometime, but you're the one who'll have to kill him," Walter said, looking at me expectantly.

Conceited prisoner says what?

"Kill? Like literally take their lives?" I asked, horrified. Not that I hadn't killed a human before, but that time I didn't have control over myself.

"I'm pretty sure that's what is the definition of 'kill'," he shrugged.

How is he so calm about this? Taking someone's life a big deal, isn't it?

"But why? Why can't we just put them into a temporary coma and-"

"Get them unconscious?" Walter finished. "But we don't have any Rohypnol or Ketamine or something. Neither do we have anything to him them on the head with."

I didn't think about that...but killing just seems too brutal. We're literally taking their lives. What if they have people who care about them?

What's wrong with me? They snatched away my whole world, they deserve to die.

But...what if that boss guy is forcing them to do so? He forced me to kill people, he could do the same with others too.

Walter saw my discomfort with this plan and sighed.

"Barbie, they've killed thousands mercilessly in the most painful ways," he reasoned. "I can't say that they deserve to die, I mean, c'mon. Who am I to say who deserves to live and who doesn't? But I'm sure that they don't deserve a happy life, at least."

"We have to do this. For surviving," he muttered. I looked down, not sure if this was a good choice.

No, I thought. It ain't a good choice. But it's the only choice.

Great, now I sound over-dramatic.

I took a shaky breath and nodded. I have to do this. To get out of here. To live whatever is left of my life. To get a pedicure.

"Okay," I answered in a low voice, unsure.

"Great. I'll distract them long enough for you to stab them both, but be careful. Don't want you dying already, do we?" He chuckled.

"Enough of that fake concern already," I murmured, staring at the knife which was hidden in my left boot, always. The knife which was now going to kill two people.

"Fake? Me? How-"

"I think I heard somethin' over there," I heard a gruff voice say in a very cowboy-ish accent.

One of the guards. My eyes widened in fear of getting caught, but Walter just motioned me to remain silent. I shuffled a bit, trying my best to hide myself behind the pillar, where we've been sitting for the past half an hour, discussing our next step to get out of here.