___Chapter 11___

Beautiful song up there.

Up till the year 2015, everything was normal. Politicians came and went. They made promises that were empty. Corruption and bribery filled the gaps in the working of the government. People continued to live their lives. I continued to live my life and was crowned as the Miss World. I came to be known as the prettiest woman alive. I attended parties, flirted with guys, all the usual, but nothing major happened. Until they came.

Python.

When they came, all hell broke loose. They forced dominance over the citizens, killed whoever came in their way to stop them. They are merciless and someday plan to dominate not just the Americas, but also Europe and Asia.

This is general data, something everyone knows and suffers from. What I want to know from the very day that they kidnapped me was why. Why me, a woman who has been crowned as the Miss World and has no experience or interest in assassination? Why force me to be a part of their bullshit government?

I've asked this question many times to not just myself but also to them. But they never did answer me. I don't have any qualities that they can use for their evil purposes.

But now, laying on a bed which was meant for Marx, the actual guard 132, I could feel somewhat at peace. It's been forever since I've been able to rest without them being in control of me.

And man, it felt good.

The resting room, as they call it, is not cozy. It basically consists of these rows and rows of flat, hard mattresses with a neatly folded blanket and a deflated pillow on each of them. A water bottle has been placed at the head of each mattress as well.

Although sleepy due to the hectic events earlier in the day, sleep didn't come easy to me. My subconscious seemed to worry about Walter for unknown reasons.

No, in case you're wondering, I don't like him of that sort. I merely don't want him to be caught and blow our covers. That must be it.

But, eventually, I realise that even if he does get caught, not that I care much, I can't do anything anyways. Why to sacrifice sleep for meaningless worry?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Poke.

I felt a poke on my arm, causing me to shuffle a bit. Then, the poke came again but I blatantly ignored it, knowing that sleep is worth it. But when the poke
came again for what seemed like the hundredth time, I immediately sat up, glaring at the person responsible for my lack of sleep.

Walter.

"You're one deep sleeper, Barbie," he mutters.

Anyone would be if they haven't slept in days.

"What're you doing here?" I scowl.

"Shift got over, we've got sometime before you get to yours," he explains.

"Okay," I say. "Now what?"

"Why are you here?" He asks out of nowhere. "What are you? Why was there a wire in you?"

"What is this, twenty questions?" I roll my eyes. This is not the time to make small talk.