The Pin

The third Prince made no movement, but watched with his eyes narrowed as I left the woods.

Back at the Palace, I was back in my Quaters. Dressed into my night gown, but was still awake. I sat by my desk, going through my things. Then pulling something out.

"Hee Young!" A voice called through my doors.

I quickly pulled the object away, and looking up see Jung rushing in my room. I chuckled, getting up to bow.

"Hello your Highness."

He sighed without words, marching towards me, and wrapping his arms around me. The court ladies and maids widen their eyes, and quickly looked away.

"Are you alright?"

"Yes, I am. Please do not worry, Prince." I smiled.

Jung scoffed, his hand reaching for my cheeks and caressing it. I stared into his gaze, my smile softening.

"Why would I not worry?"

"As a woman like me, at her low-"

"You're not at a low rank, Hee Young. You're a noble, that's a part of the royal family." The Prince, led go and held onto my shoulders.

I rolled my eyes, "How am I even a part of the royal family? I'm just a noble woman then, living in the Palace.."

"Exactly, that means that you're a high rank. Besides, most people might think you as a Princess."

"Don't say that, Jung." I frowned.

The 14th Prince chuckled, stroking my hair. "Maybe. But anyways, you need your sleep."

I nodded, walking behind him as the doors swung opened. "Good night, Jung.." I said, looking up at him.

"Good night.. Sleep well." He nodded then walked off.

I looked over, watching him leave out of my sight before going back to my room. The doors close, and I settled back in my bed, finally the candles being set off.

~The Next Day~

The warm sun appeared through the clear skies, the peacefulness filled the air. Going out to the village to explore and enjoying outside than being in the Palace.

"My lady, please do not run!" Lady Park warned me.

"I'll be fine!" I smiled, running ahead through the market. I grabbed my dress, examining the products that were laid out. "Lady Park, would you think the Queen would like anything here?"

"I think she would like something that wasn't from here.."

"That's right.." I sighed, "How about watching something?" I smiled, walking ahead to see two men street fighting.

I tried to get a nice view, but everyone was already crowded, and pushing each other to also find the view. I hopped a few times, finding a familiar face.

"Aish..!"

"Lady! Please!"

One of the fighters got knocked down, bumping into me as he fell onto the ground. I slipped, grasping for something to stop my fall.

"I got you!" Jung rushed, his arms grabbing onto my waist and swinging me around.

I squeaked, clenching onto his clothes as Jung pulled me close. Wook made his way, chuckling.

"Are you alright?" Jung asked, looking down at me.

"Yeah.." Then breaking away from his grip.

"Jung, you know that you're not suppose to be going out and fighting peasants, right?"

"Aish, hyung." Jung rolled his eyes as I chuckled. Then bargaining to threat him back about his art.

"Alright you two, break it." I sighed, signalling Lady Park that I'll be fine with the two Princesm

"Of course, but maybe after this!" Jung snatched Wook's sketch book, taking my hand and running off.

My eyes widen, running behind him as my other hand held onto my dress.

"Jung!" Wook yelled with frustration.

Jung just laughed, looking at me as I smiled. The wind blowing through his hair, his clothes swaying. I couldn't express my emotions towards him, just how could I? Especially since Prince Yo came to my thoughts.

We stopped running near the gates of the Palace. The doors opened for us, and entering inside. Jung tucked the sketch book under his cloak, as I looked back.

"So, what did you think?"

"What?" I rose a brow, backing away.

"The fight of course." Jung chuckled, "Am I strong enough?"

I giggled, "Jung, it doesn't have to be strength. It's skills and your known as being the best at martial arts out of all your brothers."

He nodded, his hand behind his back as we both started walking ahead near the King's Quaters. But we encountered So charging at Yo.

My eyes widen and grabbing onto my dress as I ran towards them

My eyes widen and grabbing onto my dress as I ran towards them. So angrily started accusing Yo, and Yo  hissing back that he didn't do anything.

"You don't have any proof that that. So how could possibly accuse me for that no sense then?"

"Then is our mother behind all of this?!"

Yo froze as he couldn't pull out the indifferent act. I frowned, pushing So off Yo as he growled and turned away.

"I know you were there, Hee Young." Yo said, looking up at my gaze. "Witnessing the killing."

"I thought you would be better than that..." I softly replied. "But deep inside I knew you weren't."

Jung frowned as he reached me, Yo grabbed onto my wrist but I yanked him off.

"Hee Young." Yo raised his voice as I turned away, taking Jung with me. "Hee Young!"

Jung took me back to my quaters, the silence in between us. "I hope nothing terrible happened."

"Don't worry." I sighed, "I just need time to refresh myself."

Jung weakly smiled, "Yeah, rest then."

I watched him turn away from me and walking back. Lady Park appearing behind me, "My Lady, your bath is ready."

"Alright, I'll be there in a moment."

I continued looking back out before walking back inside into my bathing room.

I took off layers of my hanbok, my shoes, and having my hair down before I slipped in the warm water.

"If you need anything, call us Lady Hee." One of the court lady lowered her head, exiting out.

I nodded, leaning back as I reached out for an item that was in my hanbok. A Phoenix hairpin.. The hairpin represented a high ranked woman. Either she is a part of the royal family, or as the Queen.

'But why did you give me such a pin like this..?' I thought, examining it.