Their 2nd

"Congratulations Your Highness.. You're pregnant." The royal pyshician smiled at me, placing my hand back on my bed.

I took a deep breath and looked at Jung as he nodded.

"Thank you."

The royal pyshician lowered his head and walked out. Jung smiled softly and took my hands.

"I have no words..."

"Everyone will later want to figure out who's the father, Jung. What will they think about me, the Queen Consort?"

"Well, you can marry someone." Jung chuckled as I smiled.

"I know. And if he does, I'll gladly accept it."

"I'll prepare it whenever you are ready.."

I chuckled, looking at our hands. "But before that, I'm deciding that after the child is born, I could step down."

"Why are you stepping down?"

I sighed, getting up, "Why not? Right now I'm the Queen Consort, used to be a noble woman that lived in Palace. But then married King Jeongjong, whom forced me with a threat. I never wanted this, but only to be with you."

Jung didn't reply but stared at me. "Do you know that I love you?"

"Yes I do." I giggled, "I love you too."

Jung chuckled and leaned in to kiss my forehead.

"Then, maybe I'll have the chance to propose to you. I promise to make you happy, and even children.." Jung placed a hand over my belly with a warm smile.

~The Next Day~

"Your Highness, please drink your medicine.." I softly said, sitting on her bedside while King So tries feeding her the spoon.

But she kept her mouth firmly closed. "Jung... Give me my son, Jung.."

"Mother. I'm the one taking care of you. Not the son in the afterlife, or the one who can't even be with you now. I am the King and I will betaking care of you."

"Your Majesty.."

So smiles softly at the Queen, "I promise that I will build you a grand temple and spread tales of how wonderful a mother you were.." A tear rolls down his cheek. "I will become your one and only precious son. This... Is my revenge. You abandoned me as your child!"

I worriedly looked at the Queen, and took her hand. "I think it's also time for me to speak the truth.." I added, tears scrolling down. "Haneul isn't Yo's child... Jung is. I had to say this now, in case to protect my child. And the baby that is in my belly right now.." And finally dropping her hand.

The Queen gasps for air, struggling to talk

The Queen gasps for air, struggling to talk. "Y-You... You!" She reaches up a hand to So's face.

The Queen couldn't do much, and died afterwards. So broke down into pitiful tears as he holds her hand to his face. I took a deep breath, walking away from her bedside.

'You were also the reason why my mother died...'

I sat down besides her bedside with Haneul as he cried over her dead body. I grabbed my child, gently cradling him.

"Shhh child.... Don't cry.."

"Are you planning to marry Jung?" So asked.

"Yes, Your Majesty.." I replied, hugging my first child.

The doors opened Jung ran in. I looked up at Jung as he stared at So.

So cleared his throat, "I'm allowing this small visit, but after you're done saying your goodbyes, your punishment will be reinstate."

I wiped Haneul's tears, having him stand up to be next to Jung. Jung grabbed onto the Queen's hands, sobbing as I watched him bluntly.

I walked out with Jung, comforting him. "I might be coming with you."

"Hee Young, you can't.."

"Of course I can! Do you remember your promise yesterday? Haneul and I could come along."

"But the Palace is safer for you and the baby."

I rose my brow, placing a hand over my belly. "So you're saying that I can't handle it? What is there even outside that is dangerous?"

"I don't know. Dangerous people? But stay here. I'll visit and send you letters. I promise."

I rolled my eyes with fusterarion. "What's the point of making promises to me, Jung? You're not allowing me to come with, when I just want to be happy with you in the future. And this? Are you even going to keep it?"

"Don't say such thing!" Jung frowned, taking my hands. "You should know that it's for your safety! To protect the baby. Please, Hee Young..."

"I guess..." I sighed.

Later that night, I pulled out my Phoenix hairpin. Haneul fell asleep in my chamber and I allowed him to stay.

"Mother... What choice is there for me to choose in life..? You were right.. It might be my fate.."

-----------------------

Sorry if this story was short and nothing much happened guys!! 😅

But maybe something will in the last few chapters ;D