Chapter 3

Two days before the coronation...

I woke up the next morning I woke to find Melissa peacefully sleeping next to me. Looks like Lucas actually followed my request and slept somewhere else last night. I heard Melissa mumble in her sleep and gently played with her hair. She fell back asleep and I slowly climbed out of bed trying not to make any noise. I walked into the bathroom and tied my hair into a messy bun then walked out the room. I walked into the kitchen then leaned against the counter as I looked to see what was being cooked for the coronation and felt a sudden presence behind me. A pair of strong arms wrapped around my waist and a pair of soft lips were pressed against my neck. I acted like I didn't know he was there and began tapping on the counter

"I'm so sorry for last night. I was stupid and I was wrong to go off on you", he whispered in my ear.

He pulled away and looked me and smiled.

"Do you forgive me?", he asked.

"I don't know. Should I?', I asked with a chuckle.

"Yes you should", he replied.

"Why is that?', I asked.

"Because I love you and you love me", he replied.

"I can't deny that", I said smiling.

A few seconds later Melissa teleported in the kitchen. Once she saw Lucas she immediately jumped into Lucas' arms. He spun her around and gave her a kiss on her forehead.

"Dad why didn't you come home last night with mom?", she asked

"I had some important things to do last night. I promise I won't be out so late anymore", he said.

I gave him that you better not let her down look. He nodded and gave her a small smile and put her down.

"Lucas can I talk to you for a minute. Alone?", I asked.

"Yeah sure. Melissa why don't you ask grandpa if he'll play a game with you?", Lucas asked.

Melissa disappeared in a second and I drug Lucas out the kitchen and up to our room then closed the door. I then looked at him and he gave me a blank stare.

"Lucas what were you really doing with those people last night?", I asked.

"I told you they're old friends of mine. I have no reason to lie to you do I?", he asked.

"No but don't you think it's time to like grow up?", I asked.

"Morgan do you know how much I've changed since I first met you?", he asked.

"Probably not a lot", I mumbled in reply.

He sat on the bed and sighed and looked at me.

"Before we met, I was a party guy. When I was younger I never took anything royal seriously. When my parents hosted balls and other important events, I would always chase after the girls and two ended up staying the night. I always got what I wanted and when I wanted it. Then you came along and gave me patience and made me realize that I can't have everything I want when I want it. These past ten years have been the best years of my life. You honestly don't know how much I've changed for you and I'm still willing to change even more for you", he said.

I looked at him and my face fell a bit.

"I'm sorry. It was wrong for me to accuse you of something you'd never do. Can you forgive me?", I asked.

He stood up and pulled me into his arms then kissed the top of my head.

"Of course I do. I can't imagine a life without you", he said.

"Ditto", I responded messing with his hair.

He gave me a small chuckle and then kissed the top of my head. I just hope we don't have anymore fall outs like this again. If I ever lost Lucas, I'd die. I hope he feels the same for me.

Fun fact: Sitting around doing nothing while waiting on your friend to get here while her boyfriend is in the same room as you, it's awkward. Like what do we even talk about?

Also how would you guys feel about doing a collab with me in the future??

Comment Taco Tuesday if you read this far. Love you guys!!!