Chapter 6

Later that evening people came back dressed in ball gowns and tuxes ready for the party. People were either dancing, eating or making small talk with new people. Amity, Mike, Lucas and I were sitting at our table talking about the plans for the future meaning what's gonna happen if Alyssa and Michael come back and she wants her spot as queen back. Everyone seemed to be having a good time whereas we were discussing business in a private part of the room.

"I think if they come back we should have the guards escort them out. Have higher levels of security beyond the castle walls and so on. What do you think Lucas?", I asked.

"I think that's what we need to do. We also need to warn everyone about them. Tell everyone if they see my mother or brother to go find a guard and they'll report to us and we'll decide what to do with them", Lucas replied.

"Why don't we just kill them?", Amity asked.

"Amity we can't. No matter what they're still our family", Lucas replied.

"Then we ban them or lock them in the dungeon", I said.

"We can do that but they'll find a way to escape eventually. My mom knows every inch of the dungeon", Lucas said.

"He's right. All we can do is hope they don't come back", Mike said.

"So we're gonna sit around like a bunch of humans and do nothing? For all we know they could gathering an army of vampires to take us down", Amity said.

"I agree with her. We have to do something before they cause problems", I said.

"Morgan you have no idea how dangerous my mom can be. Before you were born she had executed 20 people for disrespecting her", Lucas said.

"I've faced death plenty of times. I'm not not scared of her or anyone who comes after us", I said.

Everyone looked at me like I just ate the last piece of cake knowing they wanted it.

"Morgan has a point in a weird way. We can sit here and do nothing. End a small feud before it comes a full on battle", Mike said

"So we all agree. If they come near us then we lock them up", Amity said.

We all nodded and Lucas grabbed my hand.

"We should all head back out there before people begin to wonder where we are. We'll discuss more of this later", Lucas said.

We all stood up and walked back into the throne room. Lucas took my hand and led me into the middle of the room. I felt a pair of eyes wander onto me and I knew they didn't belong to Lucas.

"What's wrong?", he whispered.

"There's someone staring at me. I can feel it", I replied whispering back.

"Do you know them?", he asked.

"No but they're coming over here", I replied.

The man gave us a small smile while the woman kept looking at me. The man kept his cool somehow and bowed.

"Your highnesses. My name is Kyle and this is my wife Brittney", he said.

"Hello Kyle, Brittney. Enjoying the evening?", I asked.

I noticed how their shoulders weren't rising slowly like a human's does. They're vampires.

"Yes everything is wonderful. I can't wait to see how everything goes in the future. Isn't that right honey?", Kyle asked.

The woman stayed silent like she was afraid to speak to us.

"I'm sorry she's a little on edge tonight", Kyle said.

The woman kept looking at me and I did everything in my power not to ask what her problem is.

"My queen may we talk to you alone please?", Brittney asked.

I looked over at Lucas and he nodded disapprovingly.

'I'll be okay. Go socialize', I thought loud enough for Lucas to hear.

He walked over to some guests while I led Kyle and Brittney into the meeting room. They took a seat next to each other while I sat across from them.

"What was it you wanted to talk about?", I asked.

They exchanged glances and Brittney sighed.

"Morgan, it may be hard to believe but, we're your parents", Brittney said.

That's when I felt like my mind
exploded...

Cliffhangers are really something aren't they?

Comment your favorite character I'm curious to know what it is.