Chapter 10

Everyone sat in silence. Mike looked at my parents every few minutes trying to figure out how they even found me. Let alone how they knew what I even looked like after all these years. Lucas sat at one end of the table, I sat at the other, my parents sat on one side while Melissa sat on the other with Amity. Everyone ate in silence and all you could hear is the silverware being clinked against the plates. I looked at Lucas and caught him looking at his dad and my dad. He caught me staring and went back to eating. I cleared my throat and looked at my dad and Mike.

"Okay so this has been lovely but I know you two have something to say to each other", I said looking at Mike and my dad.

"How did you even find her after all these years? Why did you even come back?", Mike asked.

"We found her at the coronation. We weren't even going to go but my wife Brittney, convinced me to go", my dad replied.

"Why do you want to be in her life now?", Amity asked.

"We want to make up for the time we lost with her", my mom replied.

"Do you think you can just walk on into her life like everything's okay?", Mike asked.

"That's not our intention. Like we said we just want to be here for Morgan. We just want our chance to be real parents again", my dad replied.

"I think you lost your chance long ago. She's doing just fine without the two of you. She has a family who loves her and cares about her", Amity said.

I looked up at all them and anger boiled inside of me. I stood up and looked at my parents, Amity and Mike.

"You have no right to speak for me. With or without my parents I'm happy because either way I have people that care about me. Yes they're a little late to try and be in my life but that doesn't mean they shouldn't at least try. Yeah I admit I being alone all those years was painful but I found people who'd do anything for me. Now if you'll excuse me I need to go", I said walking out the dining hall.

I heard Lucas call after me but I ignored him. I ran up to the room, went in the bathroom and locked the door. I sat against the door letting the tears fall. They don't have any right to tell me who I'd be happier with. I heard a knock on the door and knew it was Lucas.

"Lucas go away", I said.

I heard the lock click and moved away from the door. The door opened and Melissa was standing there holding a blanket.

"How did learn to pick locks?", I asked.

"Aunt Amity tought me how. She said locking doors is a habit here", she replied sitting down next to me.

She wrapped the blanket around us and rested her head on my shoulder.

"Mom what was your life like before I was born", she asked.

"I don't think you're ready to hear about it. I don't want you to think any different of us", I replied.

"I want to know now. You told me when I'm ready you'd tell me and I'm ready now", she said.

"Before I met your dad I was living on my own. There was limited amounts of food, only the rich could afford nice houses and the good food. I wasn't like them. I was poor and could barely afford food. I was out late one night and I was taken and brought here to work as your dad's slave. At the time he was supposed to marry some princess that I didn't know. It wasn't supposed to mean anything to me but it did because I was falling for your father. He fell for me as well but he was a vampire and I was human. A vampire prince being with a human was unheard of and his mother didn't like us being together. Neither did Amity. So we kinda kept things a secret. Amity eventually began to like me but your grandmother still hated me. So a little while later Lucas asked me to marry him, we made you, and here we are", I explained.

I purposely left out the part about Michael. She doesn't need to know about that.

"Do you think that I'll find someone like dad?", she asked.

"Maybe if you look you will but I'm sure your dad doesn't want you thinking about boys yet", I replied.

"Yeah you're right", she said.

I gave her a light hug and sighed.

"Do you think we should go back and see if everyone's okay?", she asked.

"Sure why not", I replied.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Hey guys. So since I didn't update last Saturday I thought I'd make it up today and update today. Hope you enjoyed it. See you Saturday!!!