Chapter Fifteen

"Leanna, wake up. Now."

The urgency in Dylan's voice made her sit up. He was packing his stuff, throwing an array of her things and his in whatever bag was closest. Leanna rubbed the sleep out of her eyes, throwing her feet over the side of the bed.

"What's going on? Where are we going?"

"We need to find a bank machine. Do you have your card with you?"

"Yeah, but, what's the—"

"We don't have time for questions, Leanna. We need to leave this city, right now."

She had no desire to argue. Leanna got out of the bed, grabbing some clothing to change into. Once she emerged from the bathroom, Dylan grabbed her, forcing her into the hallway. The door shut behind them, and he headed to the elevator. On the way there, Dylan threw Leanna her bag. The door opened after a second.

"Are you going to tell me what's happening now?" Leanna said, flinging her backpack on and crossing her arms. "I'm tired of not having any idea what's going on."

"Morgan and Tom know where we are. I ran into her yesterday."

"Seriously?" Leanna uncrossed her arms, fidgeting with the straps of her bag. She shivered at the thought of the woman.

"And I think they have the other guy with them. The one who does the real dirty work."

Leanna bit on her bottom lip so hard it started to bleed. She winced at the metallic taste filling her mouth.

"Why are you so panicked? Did you see them?"

Dylan shook his head, dragging her through the lobby out the front door. "No, but I know when they're planning something. We need to use your card to take out enough money to get the hell out of Oklahoma."

"Where are we supposed to go now? We've traveled across the country!"

He glanced back at her again. "Texas."

"Why?" Leanna was starting to question his motives. "There's nowhere for us to go there!"

"There's a lot of countryside there. It'll be harder for them to track us down."

Leanna didn't say a word. She could feel her face heating. Dylan had a special talent of pissing her off right after making her swoon.

"How do they know where we are? Didn't you get rid of all the ways they could track us?" Leanna couldn't even look at him.

Dylan cleared his throat, stepping out into the bright morning. "I've been using a credit card they gave me to pay for the motels."

"You dumbass. Are you serious! What is wrong with you!"

"How do you think I had the money to pay for it? That's why I needed to find the cheapest places. Now, come on, we need to get money from your account."

Leanna glared at him. "You aren't going anywhere near my money."

"I'm not kidding. We need to get on the first bus leaving for Texas. If we leave early enough, they might not be able to find us." Dylan walked over to a banking machine.

"You say that now."

"Can you just stop? Give me your card."

She sighed, fiddling with her bag to get her wallet. Leanna mumbled the pin to him and turned away, looking out at the street filled with traffic.