- 1.9 -

Nicos POV

It was the day after the whole 'An apple a day keeps the doctor away' incident and I was back at the infirmary because Will insisted that I had to have someone check up on my werewolf claw marks.

"Nico!" Will said excitedly when he saw the Son of Hades. "You actually showed up."

"You didn't really give me a choice."

"Oh well. Anyway, how are the scratches feeling?"

"Pretty good, I guess." I told Will, which was a complete lie.

"Come into this room and if it all looks good I'll just change the bandages and then you should be all good to be on your way."

He lead us into a room which had a desk in one corner, a bed in another and a wall that had boxes full of medicines and other things.

"You know the drill." Will said.

I took my shirt off because I knew that he would make me take it off anyway so I may as well take it off sooner rather than later.

"Why didn't you come back earlier?" Will exclaimed loudly.

"Whats wrong?" Kayla yelled as she ran into the room, ready to perform urgent surgery. Her face relaxed when she saw that it was just me and Will, and were were both fine.

"This brainless kid decided to not tell anyone that his werewolf claw marks have become infected again." Will told Kayla annoyedly.

"Maybe if I knew that you would react differently to this I would have told someone." I said angrily.

"It shouldn't matter how I react, Nico. You're hurt and you should have told me."

"I figure that I could have waited a few more days."

"You're lucky Death Breath. By this time tomorrow the infection would have made its way to your heart, putting you in grave danger."

"Can you stop talking and just do something already?"

"Right." Will said, putting his professional personality on.

He went over to the wall that had all of the medicines displayed on it and rummaged through one of the boxes. He then went to another box and rummages through that one.

"This is going to hurt heaps, okay?"

"Ive survived tartarus by myself, it cant be that bad."

I was wrong.

He poured the liquid onto the wounds and the pain was immeadiate. It stung like I had been pushed down a giant cheese grater into a bowl of lemon juice. My eyes clouded and tears threatened to spill.

I grabbed onto whatever I could, which happened to be Wills shirt. It took all of my willpower to stop myself from screaming.

The pain slowly started to fade away and my breaths became ragged.

"I'm so sorry Nico." Will said.

Kayla, who I didn't even realise was still in the room tried to comfort me, but failed.

Will passed me a piece of ambrosia which I gratefully took. The taste of the cookies my mother used to make for me and Bianca filled my mouth.

"I'm so sorry." Will repeated.

"Im sorry I didn't come and see you sooner." I told the son of Apollo.

"Do you think you should stay the night to make sure everything going all right?" Will asked me as he bandaged my scratches up again.

"That wasn't really a question was it?"

"You know me too well Di Angelo." Will said as he passed me my plain black shirt.

"Do want a movie on or something."

"Nah, I just wanna sleep."

"Okay Death Breath, sleep tight."

I fell asleep instantly, my shoes still on and everything.

When I woke up, I guessed that I was the early hours of the morning by the way that the sunlight streamed weakly into the room.

I could hear hushed voices discussing something in the room next to mine. It was probably the Apollo kids, because who else would be awake at this hour.

I was going to try and go back to sleep but then I realised that they people weren't speaking in English.

They were speaking in Italian, which is why I translated it effortlessly.

"Why won't you just tell him?" A female voiced asked in Italian. It sounded like Kayla.

"Because he'll probably stab me."

I stifled a gasp. Since when could Will speak Italian.

"No he wouldn't." came another voice. Most likely Corbin or another Son of Apollo.

"He absolutely would." Will said.

"I seriously doubt it." Kayla replied. "If you told him that you liked him he would be too stunned to do anything."

I decided to make it his life goal to find out who 'he' was. After all, Will was undoubtedly one of my best friends.

"He stayed the night didn't he?" Corbin asked. "Why don't you just tell him when you give him a check up?"

"There is no way in Hades that I'd ever tell him."

"Why not?" Kayla and Corbin asked in unison.

"Because Nico di Angelo would never like somebody like me."