ch. 21 | the goods

As they stepped into Hawkins ICU, El observed everything around her.

She watched as the doctors hurriedly walked by and she even noticed the kids in the waiting room with their parents. She had never been here before but it gave her an uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach. There was something off here and also the sight of patients in hospital gowns made her shudder as she had flashbacks to the time she was with papa.

She shook her head desperate to clear those awful images from her mind.

"And how may I help you?" asked the elderly woman working the front desk

"We're here to see Will" Mike uttered clearing his throat "Will Byers"

The woman shuffled a stack of papers before stapling them, not even so much as glancing at the teens "No, visitors allowed. Family only"

Mike looked back at the others and shrugged

"But we're his family!" Dustin blurted, completely catching everyone off guard

The grey haired woman suddenly stopped what she was doing "So.. you're family?" she questioned, pulling her glasses down slowly and shifting her gaze towards Lucas.

Lucas faked a wide smile "um yes ma'am.. I'm his uh.. third cousin.. twice removed?"

The old woman blinked slowly as a frown grew on her face

"Ha, What can we say? The Byers family isn't like most" Mike chuckled uncomfortably

"Please leave before I call security"

"Well can we at least get a room number?" Max asked in annoyance

The woman glared, picking up the phone "You all have until the count of three to leave"

Max huffed "Geez grandma so much for customer service"

"One..."

"Oh, You really think I'm scared of security? Bite me"

"Two....."

"Max!" they cried in unison

"She didn't mean that! She's slightly out of it, she didn't get much sleep last night" Lucas called back, rushing Max away from the desk

Dustin tossed his arms out "Have you lost your mind? We can't help Will from behind bars!"

"Well, not my fault she was being a total bitch"

"Alright chill okay! We still have to find some way to see Will" Mike exclaimed

Lucas sighed "You heard her though, we're not allowed. So what are we gonna do now?"

"We take matters into our own hands. so did you guys bring..?"

Dustin opened his backpack "Yeah it's all here"

Mike motioned the group to come in closer "Okay so here's the plan. We split up and sneak in, That way we'll cover more ground and have more of a chance of finding him. I'll go with El and Dustin you can go with Lucas and Max"

"Hey that's no fair! why do you get to go with El? We need a bodyguard too ya know" Max retorted

"Because you guys have.." Mike cautiously peered around the room "the goods" he whispered

Max lifted an eyebrow "The goods?"

"SHH don't speak so loud! But yeah he's right, lookie here" Dustin smiled, quietly opening up his bag once more

Lucas grinned "Certified demogorgon killer right there"

Max looked confused "Guys what's the big deal? It's just a"