ch. 23 | head gear

Guns.

They made El's stomach twist in disgust.

She had witnessed multiple times the horror of what guns could actually do. It only took one single bullet to take away a person's life.

But these guards had multiple guns in which were all pointed at her and her friends. She glanced over at them and saw their panic stricken faces and the fear prevalent in their eyes.

How. Dare. They.

With her hands still lifted in the air, she breathed in and exhaled slowly.

El then slightly lowered her head and glared intently at the guards with her hazel eyes

She flinched her head to the side sharply.

The guards jumped as the guns in their hands suddenly exploded, some even being burned by the combusting weapons.

El then faced the doors and flinched her head again.

The doors shot open widely.

"Go! Go Now!" She shouted at her friends who were standing there simply mesmerized at what had just taken place.

Dustin was the first one to move. He began running towards the exit pushing the bed with Will on it through the doors.

Max and Lucas soon followed after, making their way through the thick cloud of smoke left over from the explosions.

Mike glanced at the doors but instead ran over to El who had now fallen over on her knees. "EL!"

She looked up at him as blood gushed from her ears and nose. "I'm okay."

"No. you're not. Let's get you out of here alright?" he said as he sat on the ground next to her cupping her face in his hands

She smiled faintly

The sound of clapping soon echoed in the hallway

"So it appears you took out my security force. Oh bravo."

Mike immediately looked over to see a bald man in a white coat along with the same doctor that they had encountered earlier

"Professor, the Byers boy.. He's gone" Dr. Jones worriedly stated

"We don't need him anymore. We have her."

"Leave her alone!" Mike shouted, startling them both

"We can do this the easy way or the hard way. You can handover Project Eleven and leave or we can take her by excessive force. Which do you choose?"

Mike got up clenching his fists tightly. He ran over and rapidly swung at the professor.

The professor fell over, tumbling to the ground.

Jones then cocked a gun to Mike's head.

He stood still paralyzed, staring into the barrel

"Damn kid" Lowe mumbled pinching the bridge of his nose "So it's gonna be the hard way huh?"

El refocused her mind again. She was desperate to save Mike but she was too tired and weak that she could barely even stand up.

The group made it outside into the parking lot

"Guys that was... AWESOME!" Dustin freaked out

Max put her hands to her head "Insane! El completely obliterated their guns with her mind!"

Will turned around trying to look over his pillow "Guys where's Mike and Eleven?"

"I thought they were behind me" Lucas mentioned as he looked back at the hospital