o n e

"Those of you who have failed to hand over the Jeffrey Dahmer report by today, I wish you good luck for your future

"Those of you who have failed to hand over the Jeffrey Dahmer report by today, I wish you good luck for your future. You'll be needing it when you're flipping burgers at McDonald's for a living."

Her words sliced right through the silence in the lecture hall, in a manner quite similar to that of a serrated blade.

A certain number of people sitting in the hall thanked the heavens, the full throated sigh of relief that left their mouth, the evidence.

A small fraction of students however, were only just letting the professor's words sink in, scowling queasily at the fact that they had practically failed the semester.

They should have known that Professor Turner didn't play around.

While at the age of 39, she was much younger than most of the other professors in the faculty, she was quite the infamous name for running a tight ship.

Most professors at the Westfield University were of a placid, lenient nature;

Not Professor Turner, no.

She never played around.

Now Tahlia however, being a good student for over a year, had come to be acquainted with this fact quite well.

On the day of the announcement of the project itself, Tahlia made sure she had more details about Jeffrey Dahmer's childhood on hand, than any professional forensic team might have ever bothered to.

Even though the impulsive sinking of her teeth into her lower lip and the incessant tapping of her foot might have suggested otherwise, Tahlia hadn't felt one bit of a nervous fibre in her body coming in today.
After all, she was the first person to submit the report, per usual.

"Guess who isn't flipping burgers anytime soon?"

Tahlia turned to the side, coming to face with her best, only friend.

Jace Montgomery was notorious for a lot of things.
But being a heartbreaker may have just been on top of that list, hadn't it been for the even more ludicrous things he had pulled in the past.

Had their lives been some sort of a fiction meant for someone's entertainment, it could be said that Jace used to be the stereotypical jock back in high school, with the word promiscuous practically tattooed onto his forehead.

Tahlia cocked her head to the side, eyebrows raised, "You did the report?"

Oh, and not to mention, he was the last person anyone as much even expected to bother doing a full blown report.

"You bet your ass I did."

"Oh yeah?" She challenged, a grin beginning to tug at her lips, "What was the main method Dahmer used to kill his victims?"