e i g h t

"I'm Doctor Richardson

"I'm Doctor Richardson. Please take a seat."

The man smiled, gesturing towards the chair right across his end of the desk. The lines on his forehead and either sides of his mouth became more perceptible, as he curved his lips, adding a few more years to the man's middle aged face.

"Ms. Meyers, was it?"

"Tahlia would be fine." She attempted to return a small smile, her vision still preoccupied with the overwhelming number of certificates and accolades that adorned every inch of the man's room.

"Here it is." He handed her an opaque emerald file, as promised.

Tahlia gently gripped it, running her fingers over the embossed grey letters.

Patient Evaluation Records/ Psychiatric Diagnosis

"We're sorry it had to be this late. We were in a process with the university..." He began in a nearly automated tone, but Tahlia had already tuned out.

She flickered it open, her sight landing on the first page.

Name: Hunt, Logan

Date of Admission: 01.02.2015

She raked her eyes sloppily along the length of the contents of the page, in case she was to spot something pivotal. The list wasn't quite long, yet in her eyes it seemed to drag into never-endingness.

"Miss Tahlia?"

She jerked her head up immediately, almost giving herself a whiplash in the process.

"I hope you understand. We're sorry if it hampered your project." He continued, apparently not paying much heed to her lack of both interest and attention.

She shook her head gently, "It's fine. I just," She took in a heavy breath, "I wanted to ask you something, about Logan, if it's okay."

Dr. Richardson uncrossed his arms, "Of course, why not?"

The events that took place two nights ago came to her brain, replaying fresh like a movie scene almost, but only, stained in the color red.

"I think there's something wrong with.." She was forced to pause, realizing there were absolutely no human words to convey what exactly happened to be the hiccup.

She shook her head,

"I have a reason to believe Logan isn't exactly..guilty."

The doctor tilted his head, leaning back in his seat.

"What makes you say that?"