s i x t e e n

The Westfield night sky was enchanting, dusted with hundreds of stars, glittering their iridescence down upon Tahlia's spent form

Walking all these miles had left Tahlia exhausted, dead on her feet, but most importantly — stone hard sober.
Almost all traces of the burning liquor she'd drunk a few hours ago had evaporated from her system. She was starting to think that perhaps it had been laced.

Maybe it was the fact that crazy was growing on her too. Foolishly going to the man who had almost ended her life a few days ago, was not a characteristic of sanity.

I am kind of drunk, she tried to reason with her own subconscious. Or drugged.

The moonlight laughed at her.
Deep down, even Tahlia knew that it was not the one fucking sip of alcohol in her system that made her want to see Logan; she wanted to see Logan.

Logan Hunt was doing things to her mind that killer psychopaths weren't meant to do to people.

It was irrevocably foolish of her, but she felt this overwhelming compulsion to know him as a person, someone beyond mental disorders and cold murders. She wanted to figure out Logan Hunt, disclose everything that was there to that man, invisible to the naked human eye.
Even if it kills her.

The gigantic building soon came into her view, she paused to catch her breath.

Instead of swerving to the front gate as usual, Tahlia went all the way around to the back, making sure her movements were discrete enough to not attract any suspicious attention from the two guards at the front.

The yard in the back was what seemed like the remnants of a lush garden, now filled with rotting wild grass and weeds. Obviously no one cared about this side of the building to even station a single guard out there.

She was careful not to touch the barb wires as she swished her way into the yard. A huge, sober part of her brain begged for her to pay heed to the 'trespassers will be punished' sign, but the adrenaline pumped nerves swiftly ignored those.

She reached into her pocket and pulled out the key.

She exhaled deeply, unlocking the door for once.
The door made a rather loud, creaky sound as it opened, almost sending her into a cardiac arrest.
But fortunately, this wing of the asylum was truly deserted, not one living soul in sight.

She thanked the heavens and entered quickly.

She wasn't familiar with these hallways, so she prayed that she wouldn't get lost only to be found by a staff member, or no one at all.
She walked about aimlessly, keeping an eye for room number 159.

She had almost given up, tired of walking round in circles down the same halls for what seemed like hours, when she saw it.

It stood out against all the other same looking rooms. Something about it.
Someone inside it.