Chapter 24

Daniel's P.O.V.

I was watching the gate with hope. I was going to hug Ella again. She would be safe. I watched as Everett walked through I ran to see him but his face. It was red and tear stains ran down. Ella had not come. I knew it he would have been with her. 

My breath was gone hurt hit my chest like jack hammer. I punched the pole beside me. Even the pain of my now broken hand could not compare to pain that would not leave my chest.

I tried to rain in my anger as everyone made their way over each held the same face one of grief. 

"Daniel she was gone the house was torn apart, we saw everything the blood, the video was real and now we are back to square one." Everett broke down. 

I knew it would have to be grandpa and I that had to keep calm. I nodded at him and he understood. "First we have to get a place to stay then we will figure this out. We need to all calm down and clear our heads if this is going to succeed."

I walked to the clerks desk and asked if she could book us a hotel. 

"Yeah I sure can how many rooms sir?" she asked in a happy tone. 

"Five please" I replied short.

She tapped along the key board and then grabbed a confirmation from the printer beside the printer. She circled a few things on there but I did not listen, I had done it before. Before I left she told me it was a block from here.

We all walked in silence no one dared to break it. The streets around us continued to buzz with excrement, voices, and horns but it did not seem to reach us. My body was on auto pilot as we signed in and went to my room. Everett and Kaleb brought our stuff with the car and so I changed into some shorts and a workout tee. 

I went to the gym and hopped on the treadmill. I pushed the button making it faster and faster until I was sprinting. I tried to forget but could not. click. i went higher hoping the screaming in my muscles would suppress my thoughts. click. click. click.  I kept running but they would not leave. The treadmill could not go any higher and my body screamed but my thoughts were still crystal clear. 

I got back to the room and went to the shower. As the hot water hit my back, my body went numb and my thoughts grew in sound. I punched the wall, I could not save her, I slid down until I sat the floor of the shower. I should have saved her. I let out a loud cry as tears streamed down my face mixing with the water and disappearing down the drain. 

Everett's P.O.V.

I sat on my bed and looked at my phone. I could never call her phone it hurt too much to hear her voice. I went onto her Instagram again and started scrolling through. I had gotten to the end of the school year before she met Kaleb and saw a video. 

It was one we took while making a project for school. I remember the moment like it was a few seconds ago.

"Ev we have to do this project." Ella whined as I sat on the floor my arms crossed on my chest. 

"we have been doing it for two hours and I am done" I whined from the floor. 

Ella jumped trying to grab the project and supplies from on top of the cabinet but was too short. It was the funniest thing I had seen in a while. Ella then stopped and took out her phone and took a video of me throwing a "fit" on the ground and our project. 

I looked at the video again of me on the floor pouting then the camera moving up to the project that hung over the top just out of reach. I read the caption and smiled. 

The child threw a fit, he was done for the day. Gotta love him though. #shortproblems #annoyingbrothers 

I kept scrolling seeing many pictures of the three of us playing before mom and dad died. The pictures showed her smiling face. Each picture started to hurt more than the one before.

I threw my phone to the floor. I could no longer look at it. I felt the tears fall but I felt as if they were not touching me. I was no longer in my own body.

I laid in the middle of the bed and my mind attacked me with what is happening to her.

Is she....

I could not even finish that sentence.

Ella I need you.

My mind shut down my body was taken over with pain before the world went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello Wattpadions....... What happened to Everett? I know this is the fourth update today but it is a three day week for me and I felt like since I am in a good mood I would update more.

I hope you all like the book. Don't forget to....

Comment. Vote. Share.

~Nicole~