Chapter 27

Daniel's P.O.V.

My heart sunk further than I ever thought possible. My little brother lay on the stiff white white bed in a white hospital room. My little sister could be anywhere in the world dead or alive and I had no idea. My life was falling apart but I had to keep my head high and face strong. None of us could keep going if we broke down. 

The only comfort now was the steady beeping coming from the heart monitor each beep a soft reminder that he was still alive, that he was not gone. I ran my hand through my hair again, probably causing more of a mess. 

Kaleb and grandpa are grabbing food at a cafe downtown. I knew they would be back any minute. They would expect me to know something anything, but even the doctors could not explain his state. I needed a plan to get Ella back, but I also needed my brother.

The memory of finding him still plagued my mind on repeat like a movie illuminated when I closed my eyes. 

I knocked softly on Ev's door not knowing if he was asleep. I knew he was beating himself up about not getting her and I didn't need him shutting us out. I know this loss has hit him the hardest. It was his twin that was half way around the world, the only one who knew him better than anyone else. 

I  heard a smash, and took a step back wondering what was happening. By the time I got out of my shocked state it was completely silent. I knocked on the door louder this time. I got no response. I knew he did not fall asleep that fast. I banged on the door harder and faster.

"Everett open the door," my voice was hard. I kept knocking but there was still no answer. "Everett I swear open the door." desperation slipped through my tone. 

I could still hear no noise. My reflexes took over and I sent my foot a few inches below the lock. I heard the lock break an the door flew open. I saw Everett's shattered phone a few feet from the door.I carefully stepped over it and looked around the room. 

Everett laid on the middle of the bed. I rushed over knowing there was no way he was asleep. I felt his pulse was slow, too slow, and his breath was barely there. His face was a sickly pale yellow. 

I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and called 911.

Everything from there was a blur of flashing lights, questions, test, and still we had no results or answers. 

Although his face was less pale and his heart was steadier, I still felt as if nothing was going to be okay. I heard the door creak open and a doctor walked in. He held a grim expression which only increased my worry. 

"So I have great news and bad news for you, I will start on the bad. His condition is caused by too much stress and grief. Normally this condition is easy to treat, but based on his condition he will not be getting better anytime soon. The good news is that he can get better, and if kept away from stress it could be a 2 month recovery." the doctor finished his rant and I sat there taking it in. 

I knew that his recovery could only start when Ella was back but I would not tell the doctor that. 

"Do you know when he will wake up?" I asked wondering how long we had to find Ella. If he woke up and there was no news his condition would become worse.

"I would say due to the stress on his body and lack of sleep about a week or two." He said.

I nodded in response and he left the room. I sat in silence reviewing the information for a few minutes before Grandpa and Kaleb walked in. They both looked at me in question.

"It was because of stress and grief. It has put him in a coma for one or two weeks. If we do not find Ella in that time his condition will get worse." I summed up the doctors speech. 

Both of them looked relieved and horrified. We now had a tight deadline, one that was near impossible to meet.

"I think I have good news," a voice from the door called, "I have a location."

My head whipped towards the door to see the last person I would expect. Trinity.

"She sent me a text and I had a friend locate the cell tower it came off of. She is in Ecuador."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello Wattpadions... I know I said this would come on the weekend but here it is.

Don't forget to...

Comment. Vote. Share.

~Nicole~