Chapter 9: And Back Again

Okay, so I technically lied about when I was publishing.  But it is going up.  However it is not edited.  Because I am very tired.  Seriously, it's like twelve thirty.  I have not watched Judas Contract yet, but I am thinking that I will watch, then decide how I am going to play this.  But not right now.  I'm going to sleep now.  Yeah, forgive mistakes, cause it's late and I don't do well with late.

All that aside, here you go my lovely people! 

"Home, sweet home," Raven said upon seeing the structure.

"Can't you just transport us inside?" Robin asked.

"No, it's shielded." With that they continued their trek onward and onto the bridge.

Back on Earth, the Justice League was attempting to defeat, or at least slow down, Trigon. Their efforts, however, were fruitless.

The massive, multi-ton rock Wonder Woman slammed onto his head didn't seem to faze him. When Superman flew top speed and punched straight into Trigon's stomach, the demon's feet only slid back, and he kept on walking.

"Maybe this will slow you down," Superman said before blasting Trigon with his heat vision.

The Titans were walking along the bridge to the structure when Raven suddenly groaned and clutched her head, leaning on Robin for support. From behind the structure emerged a black cloud of flying things. They were worm-like and had huge mouths and lots of teeth.

All of the Titans readied themselves, except Beast Boy, who collapsed to the ground clutching his stomach, panting and sweating.

"Garfield!" Starfire cried out as she dashed to his side. As she and Blue Beetle were leaning over him, two large, spine-like wings sprouted up from his back, knocking Blue flat on his butt with an exclamation of "Dude, what the hell!?"

The others turned back, and found that the demons were almost upon them. Robin jumped up, slicing one in half with his sword. Eagle took to the air, deciding that she could pick them off from a distance and protect her friends better. Raven raised her hands and fired bolts of energy at them.

While Starfire had been occupied with Beast Boy, who was now morphed into an indecipherable being, was plowed into by a demon and carried past Cyborg into the air where she stunned it with her starbolts.

On the ground, Cyborg continued blasting demons apart with his canon, and Beast Boy, guarded by Blue Beetle, had become a literal blob on the ground, tentacles included.

Eagle and Starfire flew around, blasting and shooting the demons, but more just kept coming. "I'm going to land," Starfire shouted over the noise of the battle. "Stay up here and take out as many as you can."

"Copy that."

As Eagle was watching Starfire to make sure she landed safely, a demon blindsided her. As she tumbled through the air, she pulled an arrow out and shot the beast, before spreading her wings to fly away. It was only when she had them fully extended and began to flap that she became aware of a sharp pain in her left wing. Twisting, she saw that there was a deep scratch. Well, great. Things just got a whole lot more interesting. Picking up her pace, Eagle flew back to her friends and went back to blowing up the demons, praying that the battle would be over soon. Not that it would do her much good in Hell.

On the ground, a demon had Blue Beetle wound up like a snake and was squeezing him tightly. Just as another was about to strike, a large, green hand shot out and grabbed the beast by the neck and pulled it away. The hand was attached to a large, muscled dog-like creature that stood on two legs. It grabbed the demon with its other hand and pulled the thing apart like a piece of paper. When it was done, it bounded over to where Blue Beetle was having the life squeezed out of him and seized the creature, causing Blue to crash to the ground.