Chapter 17: Healing

IMPORTANT!!!

Do you guys want a separate book of Tessa's backstory?  

It's getting a bit exhausting putting it in here, but I want to make sure you all read it so you know what's going on.  LET ME KNOW!! (I'm not yelling, just trying to get your attention).

Love you all!

 It was like slipping back into an old jacket. Comfortable and familiar, as if he'd never left.

"Grayson!"

Well, almost as if he never left. There were some changes.

"Why am I stuck on patrol?" the young Robin demanded.

"Because it's your turn."

"I just went on patrol! Make Blue go!"

"He is. Just like he has every other night for the past three days."

"Then why don't you go," the boy huffed.

"I am. In place of Raven. She's going to try and heal Tessa, see if she can speed up the wake-up."

At the mention of the winged girl, Damian's shoulders visibly drooped. Ever since the incident, he had been different. Everyone could tell, but no one commented on it.

"Fine." With that he left the room, presumably to change into uniform and go patrol.

"Oh, Little D," Dick sighed. "What am I going to do with you?"

***

Patrol. He didn't want to patrol. He didn't know what he wanted to do. Not patrol. That's for sure.

***

Kori and Raven sat by Tessa's bedside, still as statues.

"You're sure you can heal her faster?" the worried redhead questioned after a long minute.

"I'm not sure of anything. But I don't know how much more of this her mind can take. I have to try."