Chapter Two

Chapter Two

I said I wouldn't make a move on Oli! I said I wouldn't go there. I made a promise, to no one in particular but to myself. I didn't want to do that to Joe. I know there is no way of him finding out, but still, the guilt builds bigger by each passing second.

"Joe won't find out will he?" I ask nervously as Oli and I sit uncomfortably, avoiding all eye contact. This is not how our first kiss should end.

"I'm not planning on it." He sighs, standing up and beginning to pace the room.

"Okay. So we're fine, right?" I say, joining him. Pacing seems to be the only option right now. I feel like I've committed a crime! But suddenly Oli stops, turning around and looking at me before letting out a frustrated groan.

"This isn't right! I like you, Y/N." He says, annoyed, before practically sprinting over to me and cupping my cheeks with both hands and kissing me passionately but all I can think about it Joe; even if I am enjoying the kiss. The kiss soon ends, quicker than I imagined but something is just off. No matter how we both feel there will always be something that ruins it.

"You kissed Oli?!" Jackie screeches but I'm unable to tell if she's excited or in utter shock.

"Yes..." I sigh. Jackie has always been there for me, she understands things I can't even understand.

"You feel guilty, don't you?" She asks, sipping her tea. I just nod, looking down at the table letting out the billionth sigh of the day. "It's okay to feel guilty and it's okay to kiss Oli but I think that maybe you still have feelings for Joe. You wouldn't be in the state you are if you didn't..." She's right. Everything she says is, she's like a wise old man. And I love her for that exact reason, and for the fact that she is completely non-judgemental. "Things will work out." She smiles sympathetically, taking my hand and giving it a little comforting squeeze.

"Thank you." I smile, looking down, what would I do without her? She literally keeps me together, I can't imagine how I'd be right now without her, I'd be a mess! Can you imagine? I'm not exactly the best when it comes to dealing with guilt but Jackie knows how to handle things like this. I don't know how she didn't pass her exams, she's like the smartest girl I know. Some things in this world are just unexplainable; it's all a mess.

A very short chapter, I know, I'm sorry but these just fill in the gaps before everything begins to pick up. I hope you enjoyed!