Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

"Maybe you should come with me?" Joe suddenly says nervously causing me to look up at him from my bright laptop screen with the ongoing editing of a video for later on it.

"As much as Oli and I are friends, you're far closer to him than me, I think you should do it." I smile supportively, standing up and wrapping my arms around his neck, gazing into his blue eyes only able of being described as vibrant and beautiful.

"Wouldn't he want to hear it from us both?" He then asks with a sigh, wrapping his arms around my hips.

"I don't know. He might feel targeted if we're both there, it's less intimidating with it being just one person."

"Okay, fair point," he adds. "But why me?"

"You got this," I tell him reassuringly, a little smirk on my face which soon vanishes when I find my lips on his. But we don't stay like that for long as Joe soon makes his way to Oli's. Today, Joe and I filmed a video for YouTube talking about how we're back together but we didn't want to upload it without Oli knowing first. Plus, those two need to fix things. I'm nervous myself, I wish I could've gone but I think this is more for Joe and Oli and them fixing their friendship. Sighing, I go back down to the bedroom where I continue to edit the other video I filmed today about Jackie's accident and explaining why I've been so absent from YouTube lately. I've been meaning to do this video for a very long while now, I've been procrastinating around it since my last video which of course happened to be a Q and A with the amount of unoriginality that's been in me lately. YouTube used to be so much fun but now it's a chore, I feel as if now it's my job it's lost the sparkle. It feels like it's absolutely necessary now, it's not an optional hobby. But I conclude my depressive thoughts with a sigh, standing up and leaving my editing aside. I go upstairs where I find Caspar sitting on the sofa watching some show I can't identify. "Hey," I say tiredly, flopping onto the sofa and looking at him with desperate eyes.

"What's up?" He asks me with a little giggle in his tone.

"YouTube is just a little tough lately." I smile, making it seem like it's nothing when really it is and to be honest, it is such a first world problem but somehow to me, it feels like it's a life-threatening earth destroying disaster.

"It gets like that but don't worry, it'll pass." He reassures me with his adorable smile, I smile back with a little chuckle before ruffling his hair and standing up.

"Thanks, Caspar."

"Anytime." He calls to me as I jog back downstairs where I close my laptop, put on a pair of beaten-up Converse and a denim jacket over my white t-shirt. It's been so long since I've gone for a walk, just simply strolling the streets. I guess it's not been on my mind, resolving things hasn't been on my mind. I just take it on and forget that I can temporarily help myself. Briefly telling Caspar I'm going out, I leave the flat and enter the busy and hectic, fast pace streets of London. I start to walk down this alleyway, graffiti covered walls and littered grounds. It's empty and eerily quiet but it's nice, for once, I feel calm. There's nothing but two walls and a dirty ground around me, my thoughts seem to stay outside and I can see clearly. I can pick my problems apart and come to many realisations that none of it is at all that big.

Soon, after my dramatic yet peaceful walk, I get home to Joe sat on our bed with a smile when I enter the room.

"Hey, you're back earlier than I thought," I say, sitting beside him and tilting my head up to kiss him as I wrap my arms around him and enjoy his warmth.

"Yeah, Oli and I only really spoke briefly."

"Did it go okay?"

"Yeah," Just the word relieves every tense feeling in my body, I was so afraid it was going to go bad. "He said he's happy for us and wishes us all the best."

"But your friendship?"

"That's where things aren't so great, I think it's going to take a little time."

"I'm sorry, Joe." And this is all I say, I truly am sorry, it's all my fault they've fallen out. They would have been fine if Oli and I hadn't kissed, it was pointless and stupid anyway. But I don't tell him my thoughts on that, this is about him and not my guilt. 

I hope you enjoyed and I hope you have a nice day! :)