Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

L/N - Last Name

My phone rings, loud and echoing through the dim room. But that's the thing that confuses me most, it's still dark and someone's calling me. Groaning, I turn onto my side and pick up my phone to find Jackie's face on it but not only that, it's 2 am. Confused and concerned, I pick it up and answer with a groggy voice.

"Hey."

"Hello? Y/N?" Jackie says, almost as if she's rushed and in pain.

"Jackie, are you okay?"

"No." She sobs, her breathing shallow.

"What's happened?" I ask, myself now fully alert with the worry of Jackie being hurt.

"My car flipped, there's blood everywhere," she breathes. "Please help me."

"Oh, my god." I widen my eyes, my heart suddenly jolting towards my chest and my stomach flipping in circles, you'd think my insides were part of the circus. However, the worry has now turned to fear and desperation. Desperation to save her. "Jackie. Listen to me, call an ambulance, where are you?" She murmurs a street to me and before I know it I'm rushing towards the door but stop when Joe wakes up. "Joe. Jackie's been in a car accident. I have to go." I tell him, rushing my words. He looks as shocked as me and wakes up in less than a millisecond, to soon be at my side.

"I'm coming." He demands, already sliding on a pair of white converse.

"No, no. Go back to sleep." I tell him, holding his face and kissing him.

"You really think you're going through this alone?" He tells me rhetorically, rushing us out of the flat and into the car where I begin to drive. I speed a little more than I thought but it's worth it as I'm soon at the crash where a police car, ambulance and fire engine are parked. The scene can only be described as hectic. There are two police officers standing by their car; one noting stuff down and the other talking into their radio. Three paramedics are bend down by the car, reaching in but not pulling her out yet. And the firemen are getting together a big piece of heavy looking equipment. I take a deep breathe as I take in the sight, it's not something I ever imagined myself being in front of, and especially with it being for someone I love. I begin to run over to the car, pushing past the crowd of curious people.

"Miss, you can't come through here." A police officer shouts my way but I ignore them, running faster than ever and soon I'm stood right by the car and it doesn't feel real. This is something you see in movies or hear about on the news. A tear attempts to escape my now watering eyes but I hold it back by biting my lip hard, I know emotions are very acceptable in this situation but I need to be strong and hold myself together. "I told you, you can't come through here." The police officer is now at my side, her eyes furious and her cheeks red.

"The girl is my sister!" I tell her, ignoring her attempt to snatch up my arm and going down to the paramedics level to see Jackie. She's in the car, upside down and as she described: covered in blood. Her face is cut up and already bruising, her arms in the same condition but her legs I can't see. From what it looks like, they're trapped. But before I can get a better glance Joe is at my side and the police officer is pulling me away.

"Come on, you don't need to drag her." Joe sighs, wrapping an arm around me as he guides me to the parked police car, it's blue lights on and beaming around the area.

"Since she's your sister, can you answer a few questions for us?" The woman asks, leaning against the car and looking at me.

"I guess."

"What's her name?"

"Jackie L/N."

"Age?"

"Twenty-six."

"Any known health conditions?"

"No."

"Why was she out tonight?"

"I don't know, she just called me and told me she got into an accident."

"She called you?"

"Yes..."

"And said?"

"Uhh, I don't know. I can't remember all of it."

"Just tell us what you can." I pause, uncomfortable in this situation but Joe takes my hand in his and smiles at me with a reassuring glint in his eyes.

"She said that her car flipped and there was blood everywhere, then told me where she was."

"Okay, thank you. That's all we need for now." She then walks away, leaving me devasted and distraught, with all kinds of thoughts no one should be having. And the main one, practically the only one, is whether she'll die or not. 

I'm sorry the chapter took longer than I said it would, I'm awful at updating! However, I'm already working on chapter seventeen, so hopefully that shouldn't take too long. Thank you for reading, and I kind of hope you enjoyed... I'm not sure if that was overly enjoyable to be honest but something bad was undoubtfully going to happen soon. Sorry about that! But let's just hold onto the hope Jackie will be okay.. :) 

-Shannon