Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

"Joe, do not prank me!" I shout through his flat as I begin to step down the stairs to where his room is. He texted me to come over but no one seems to be home. I am not having a replay of the last time he did this. I think I had multiple heart attacks all at the same time. Cautiously, I open his door until it's ajar and wait a moment. I am not prepared for a jump scare. Nothing seems to be there, so I open it a little more and it seems to be fine which leads to me just walking in, to the relief that he had headphones on without the intention of scaring me. Well, that saved me another heart attack. I smile with a sigh before putting my hand on my heart. He smiles back before removing the headphones and putting his laptop aside.

"What is it?" He asks with a grin on his face at my overdramatic impression of relief.

"It was so quiet, I thought you were going to scare me again." I giggle.

"No, not yet."

"Watch it, I won't come over anymore," I warn, sitting onto his lap and kissing him. "I love you," I whisper, resting my forehead on his as I gaze into his vibrantly blue eyes.

"I love you too." He smiles, kissing me once more before I pull away and sit beside him.

"What's up then?" I ask casually, referring to the text.

"There are two things," I nod my head. "First thing, when do you want to announce this back online?"

"Oh! Yeah, about that. I think we should talk to Oli first, you know with the situation at that party." I say awkwardly, I wouldn't want to announce it to everyone else without telling Oli, especially as he'd find out with them. From a video. I think it's best he heard it from us.

"I still haven't spoken to him," Joe admits, looking down almost as if he's ashamed.

"Hey! It's okay, we can do it together." I smile, kissing his cheek and taking his hand into mine.

"Are you sure you want to?"

"Of course, unless you'd prefer to do it without me?"

"No, I want you there." He tells me.

"Okay," I say with a reassuring smile. "What was the other thing?"

"I was wondering if you'd like to move in?" He asks as if it's such a casual question. I leap up with excitement, my hands flying to my mouth in shock. Surprisingly, it's not something I think about too often, us living together. It's like we do already, they'll rarely be a night where he isn't at mine or I'm not at his.

"Of course I do!" I grin, kissing him once more and sitting back down. "I'm going to miss my flat though," I admit but I'm still too excited to care much about that right now. I moved into my flat when I was eighteen, I wanted so bad to move to London, especially as I knew that that was one of the best places to be in the UK as a YouTuber. And by then, my channel had started growing and I was getting so much support and love of my viewers. It was like a second family, all with my parents being so distant. I had saved up money from my jobs over the years which started with delivering newspapers from the age of fourteen to sixteen. I then worked in a small cafe which was aimed for artists. It was full art, a lot of it being done by the customers which were one of my favourite things about it. The walls were covered in paintings, one wall being the painting itself with graffiti painted all over it. There were lights made with cutlery and the floor was made out of jigsaw puzzles. It was so creative, I loved it there. Although, after a year I was fired because of arriving late too many times. I guess that was true but there was a lot of traffic! I had to take the bus as I couldn't take my driving test until I was seventeen, that bus was always late though! After that, I got a job in Primark, a shop that sells clothing. It was boring but I got a lot of cool clothes from there, so I guess that was a small added bonus. But, by then I had enough money to cover a deposit and the first few months of rent for a flat. My parents weren't too happy about me moving away so far but I couldn't be happier, with the flat and the area (also that I was getting away from my parents). The flat was perfect for me, one bedroom, an office and of course the kitchen, bathroom and living area. It had so many windows too which was perfect for lighting. The wall in the living area was an actual window, it was just a wall full of floor length windows which had an amazing view of the city. By that time, I was getting a little money from the channel I was building on YouTube but it wasn't enough. This was when I got another job, this time, it was hard to find one! With London being the complete opposite of my small town where jobs were easy to find as not many people would be applying, I found it very difficult. I ended up getting another job at a cafe but this was more modern looking than artistic but it paid the bills so I wasn't complaining. Two years past and I was twenty, my channel now paying enough for it to be my official job and Jackie was now living nearer to me. It was great–perfect even. I'm going to miss the flat so much though, it's where I started out. But I guess there is time to move on and I couldn't be happier doing so, especially when it includes Joe.

Not the best chapter, sorry, but you're finally moving in with Joe! I thought that the time was now appropriate. Thank you for reading though, I hope you enjoyed! :)