Chapter 13

Marina's POV

It's been a hectic 2 weeks at school. Nicole hasn't showed up since our talk so I decided to call her parents. Turns out Nicole switched schools. When I asked why, I got a really vague answer. That she doesn't feel herself at our school. Sure, whatever. I decided not to think too much about it and move on. I'm getting sick of this school myself anyways, and I'm not the only one. I've been thinking about quitting multiple times but haven't really come to a definite yes or no.

*1 week forward*

"Liz?" I yell from downstairs. No response. It's Saturday so we could both sleep in, but I couldn't sleep anymore so I went downstairs. "Lizzy?" I yell again. After a little while I hear footsteps and later see a sleepy Elizabeth step into the living room. "Hm?" She mumbles, rubbing her eyes. "Come here baby, I got something to show you." I reply to her. She shuffles towards the couch, where I'm sitting with my laptop on my lap. She plops down next to me, her head on my shoulder. "What is it?" She asks softly. I look at her and grab her hand softly, with my thumb caressing the top of her hand. "I bought us tickets to France. A little surprise for the both of us, a little getaway." I say to her. She turns her head to me with godspeed. "Wait, what? France? We're going to France?" She says with an exciting undertone, her eyes sparkling. "Mhm. We're going to France babygirl. I'm going to quit my job, and I'm only going to have my eyes on you." I reply to her. Her eyes get all watery as her smile widens even more. "Oh Liz.. How wonderful!" She says as she presses her lips against mine.

Resigning was easy, everything is alright and we can start packing which took a really long time. We pack an awful lot of clothes, probably more than we need. Once we're all done packing we put our suitcases in the back of my car. I pack us both some sandwiches and some drinks for when we drive towards the airport. We arrive there an hour and 30 minutes later and park the car in the secured car garage. We get out, pack our bags and start walking to the right gate. Our flight has 10 minutes delay but we don't mind. We're both excited. "How long are we going, actually? I totally forgot to ask that. You just said to pack a lot of clothes." She asks me as we're waiting in the hall. "Half a year." I reply, and her eyes widen, but her mouth forms a smile quickly after that. We can show our tickets and get in the plane.

We arrive in France a long flight later and get off the plane, towards the hall where we can pick up our luggage. Once we've done that we walk out of the airport and both breath in the air. I wrap my arm around Liz and give her a kiss. "I love you." I say to her. "I love you too, sweetheart."