Chapter 7

Marina's POV

I read the e-mail out loud after reading it for myself, and I see Liz's face pull off several emotions.

Hi Miss Grant,

I know I asked you this before, the thing about tutoring? Yes. I want to change something to my question. I want to get private tutoring. Not at school, because I can't focus there. Is there any possibility we can do it elsewhere?

Greetings,
Nicole Baker

"So, she wants you to tutor her, privately? Where are you going to do that?" Liz asks me as I've finally layed my phone away. "I have no idea Liz, I mean I could do it here. Would you mind?" I reply to her, holding her hands and caressing them softly. "No honey, ofcourse not. This is part of your work, I guess. Do whatever you need." She says to me as she kisses my forehead. "Thanks baby." I decide to write an e-mail back, while Liz heads upstairs to the bedroom.

Hello Nicole,

I must say I'm quite surprised about your eagerness. I can tutor you at my home, if you'd like that, that's not a problem. Is that alright with you?

Greetings,
Mrs.  Grant

She replies fairly quick, about 10 minutes later I feel my phone buzzing again.

Yes that's alright with me. When can we start? Tomorrow after school?

Greetings,
Nicole Baker

I head up the stairs after reading it, only to find Elizabeth in bed, asleep. I sigh softly and get out of my clothes into my sleeping shirt, I get in the bed spoon Elizabeth softly from behind. Either she was still awake or really enjoys this, because I can feel her push herself more against me. And like this we both fall asleep.

- a few hours ahead-

It's after school and I'm waiting for Nicole in the classroom to let her ride home with me for tutoring. I have several mixed feelings about this all. This is gonna go wrong Marina. I think to myself as I stare out the window and sigh. It's kinda rainy today. But after several more minutes of waiting I hear knocking on the door. As I turn to my right I see Nicole casually leaning against the door frame. "Ah, glad to see you. Ready?" I say to her, ready to get up. But she starts walking at me quickly until she's right in front of me. "Ma'am.. You look awfully stressed." She says to me as she looks me deep in my eyes, with a sort of smirk on her face. "What? I'm so-" She cuts me off. "Does your wife treat you okay? You have bags under your eyes from here to Tokyo." She says softly as she caresses my arm. What did I say Marina? Why aren't you stopping her? I think to myself. "Nicole, I don't know what you're trying to do but you have to stop it. Now." I say to her, but she scoots even closer to me. "Oh miss Grant, don't be like that." She says to me as I'm leaning back against the edge of my desk, my heart almost pounding out of my chest. Luckily for me my phone rings and I quickly grab it to answer it. "Hello? Hi baby, yes I'm still at school. Yes, yes we're coming home now. It took a little longer but we're coming, yes. Alright, love you sweetheart." Relieved I put my phone down. "Come on, if we hurry I can tutor you forrrr, 30 minutes exact." I nervously say as I grab my bag and hurry out of the classroom. Rick is still in his classroom and as he sees me I give him 'the look'. It's the look between us that something is wrong and we need to talk. He nods and I walk further, looking behind me to see Nicole obediently following me.

I drove over the speed limit, my fingers tapping on the steering wheel. I don't look to my right, only to my left. Why? I know Nicole is staring at me with that same smirk she's given me plenty of other times. I pull into our driveway, get out of the car and wait for her to also get out. Once she's out I lock the car and quickly walk to the front door, but before I can unlock it Nicole pulls my arm back. "Don't touch me." I say to her as I turn around. "Come on Marina, why are you like this all of a sudden?" She asks me, looking all pouty. "Okay first of all, don't call me Marina, I'm Mrs. Grant for you. Second of all, you're flirting with me? A married woman?" Not giving her time to reply I unlock my door and walk inside, expecting Nicole to close the door behind her. "Baby I'm home!" I yell through the hallway. "God, Marina I can hear you." She says rubbing her ear jokingly before giving me a kiss. "You must be Nicole?" Liz says to her after breaking our kiss. "Marina talks about you a lot. That she's really eager to tutor you and stuff." She says. Please Liz don't say that, you'll only make it worse. I softly chuckle and before Nicole can respond I ask her if she wants to head upstairs to the study which she says yes to. Once there I let her in and close the door, as I turn around she's standing right in front of me. "Please don't do this in my house, where my wife is. Actually, don't do it at all." I say to her, trying to walk forwards but she's defintely not letting me. "Alright, alright. Whatever." She says after standing there some time, and this seems to definetely bring my heartbeat down a notch.

The tutoring goes by slow, but I have the feeling she perfectly understands everything, and is just doing this to mess with me. I notice she's staring me as I'm explaining something about the grammar from the previous lessons, and I look back at her. Dumb decision. Right as I look at her she grabs ahold of my face and presses her lips against mine. Why aren't you stopping her Marina?!  Do something Marina! Several thoughts circle around in my head, but I still don't pull my head away. After a few more seconds she pulls her head back, leaving me speachless and pale. "Was it that hard to give in, miss?" She asks me with a flirty tone. "You need to leave, now." I reply after a few seconds. "Fine by me." She says. As we both head downstairs I act naturally. I open the door and tell her friendly where the closest bus stop is, and wave her goodbye.