Chapter 1

Harper's outfit above. also the songs she listens to in the beginning. 

Harper's P.O.V

I walk down the path to my house near the woods. I sigh as I put on my headphones and play a remix of 'In the Name of Love' and 'Pity Party' on my phone and hum along with it. I like remixes better than the normal songs because 1.) They're more interesting 2.) They're different and 3.) they're, like me, new and unknown. 

Today was another typical day at school. Long, boring, lonely, oh and did I mention boring? I can't believe in math class when I walked up to the blackboard a girl whispered "Who's Harper?" I've been here for a month. And people still didn't know my name.

I'm suddenly snapped out of my thoughts when I realize I'm in the woods and a blur rushes past me. "W-who's there?" I ask as confidently as I could. I kneel down and put my stuff in my bag and pick up a broken tree branch. It was small but it could still do damage. I sling my bag back over my shoulder and walk forward, all my senses on high alert. 

"Hey you ok?" I hear from behind me and as if on instinct I hit the person behind me. "Omigosh I'm sooo sorry. I thought I heard a wild animal." He shrugs. "It's ok. Harper Clarke, right?" He asks. I smile and say, "Yeah. I don't remember you. What's your name?" "Scott McCall at your service." He says and grins. "Ok Scott. What are you doing way out here?" I ask. He hesitates then answers. "I was on my way to a friends house." "All the way out here, in the woods?" I question, a smile tugging at my mouth.  "Yeah. He lives in an...abandoned house." He says.

I shrug and smile. "It takes many people to make up the world. Even people who live in abandoned houses." I say and he laughs. I look up to say something but something catches my eye. The blur ran behind him and stops about 10 feet back. My bottom lip trembles slightly and I back up. "Harper? You ok?" Scott asks and I shake my head. The blur moves closer and I turn around and run, dropping my bag. "Harper!" He yells and I look behind my shoulder and see I'm lost.

I stop running and turn around to face forward when I come face-to-face with it. It looks almost human. It looks up so we're facing each other. It is human. Well half-way. It was a boy and he looked about the same age as me. Maybe a bit older. But he had different ears and his face didn't look human. Almost dog-like. While I was studying him he grabbed my wrist and smirked. Why is it always ME?!?!?! 

My eyes got wide and I tried to get out of his grasp. That didn't work so I screamed, hoping Scott was still around. "SHUT UP!" He yells and throws me against a tree. Well at least he let go. He walks up to me and I put my arms in front of my head when I hear something fall. 

I put my arms down and see him laying on the ground and see Scott and 2 other boys. Probably his friends. "Harper are you ok? Did he do anything to you?" Scott asks me, giving me his hand to help me up. I took it and shook my head no. "W-who are they?" I ask, uncertain. "Oh yeah, this is Stiles," He says, pointing to the shorter one, "And this is Derek." He says pointing to the other one. In my totally honest opinion, Derek looks scary. And cute. He's scary-cute. Never mind.

"Who was that?" I ask, referring to the creepo who just attacked me. "Man, she asks a lot of questions." Derek mutters under his breath and Stiles elbows him in the side. Derek rolls his eyes and crosses his arms. Antisocial much. They all just looks at me, saying nothing. 

"Well?" "It's the Alpha that we haven't caught yet." Stiles blurts out and Scott and Derek both glare at him. "I-I mean he's a weirdo who attacked you?" Stiles asks more than says. "Alpha? As in the werewolf Alpha of it's pack?" I ask. "Well she's smarter than she looks." Derek says, sarcastically. "Oh my god is it or not?!?" I yell, very annoyed. "Dang Scott. You pick a feisty one." Derek says, smirking at me. I make a fist and go to punch him but Scott holds me back. "She's just a friend," he says to Derek,"and yes Peter is the Alpha." Scott says, still holding my arm. "Um Scott. You can let go now." I say and he lets go. I take advantage of it and punch Derek in the face. 

"That's for before. I belong to NO ONE!" I yell the last part. "Jeez I'm sorry." He says, putting his hands up in surrender. "Come on guys. Let's go." Stiles says, impatiently. "Yeah let's go. Pack's waiting for us." Derek says. I look at Scott with a confused look on my face. As if on cue Scott asks, "Hey can Harper come?" "Are you sure she won't freak out?" Stiles asks. "Freak out about what?" I ask. Derek smiles. "About us." He says and shifts into his werewolf form. Ok now he was just plain scary. "Um I think I'll be fine." I say, looking back at Scott. "Scott, show her." He says. Scott sighs and shifts into his werewolf form. "HOLY CRAP!!! YOU'RE ONE TOO?" I ask/scream.  "Yup." He says and walks to where the abandoned house probably was. 

"You coming?" Stiles asks. I'm going to guess that he isn't one of them because he didn't shift into a werewolf. Scott comes back by me and says, "You'll be fine. You have me to protect you." He shifts back to his human form and smiles, taking my hand. I smile and walk with them to the house. Well here goes nothing. 

------------------------------------

hope u guys liked it. 

-Emmie