Chapter 8 1/2

Lorena's P.O.V

I remember it like yesterday. My beautiful twins being born. It was painful nonetheless but it was amazing. My beautiful daughter and son. Then I remembered something. My ex-husband wanted sole custody of one of them. I started crying. The nurses thought it was because of the life I'd given.  No. It was because I was about the take one away. 

A few days later I hear my doorbell ring. I hoped and prayed that it was one of my friends. I walked to the door, holding my baby boy. My daughter was asleep in her crib.  I opened the door and almost started crying. "What do you want?" I asked, stepping back. "What you promised me when I left. I want my kid. But I'm gonna let you choose which one I get." He smirked at what he was doing. I couldn't leave my baby in the hands of an alcoholic. "No. If you don't leave I will call the police." I threaten, making him sigh. "Didn't want to do this but oh well." He says, taking out a gun. "Give me my son!!!" He yells, waking my daughter causing her to cry. Tears form in my eyes. I couldn't. Not my son. Not my baby. He turns and shoots the ground next to him. "Now!" He yells again. "Then put that god damn thing away!!!" I yell back. He puts away and holds out his hands. I gently hand him my son, who was now crying. "Please take good care of him." I say between sobs. "What is his name? And hers?" He asks, lightly bouncing my baby boy. 

"Scott and Harper..." I say. "Good to know." He says, taking out his gun shooting my leg. I wince and cry out in pain. He slams the door shut, making my daughter cry more. I limp over to her and pick her up. "Hey...you're safe now...I got you Harper...I got you."

I reread my messages between Harper and I. Scott. Scott McCall. I feel like I knew him. He looks nothing like his mom but Melissa told me that her husband left when Scott was young. So I had no reference. I take out the card Melissa gave to me as a welcome gift. It had a picture of them in it. I take the picture and put it next one of Harper. I gasp and stumble back. He looked kind of like Harper. Could it be? No... Was Scott McCall my baby boy?