Chapter 9

Harper's P.O.V

Paige comes back, smiles and takes Hunter back. "Is he ok?" I ask, still holding Adeline. "Yeah. The subject is kinda touchy to him. He understands it was an innocent question and will be out in a minute." She reassures me making me sigh. "Thank goodness. I was worried he would get really mad at me." I say, setting down Adeline. 

I was just about to sit down when I hear Aster yell. Paige nods for me to go check on him. "Aster?" I knock on the door lightly. "I'm sorry, Paige. I lost it. Please don't come in. You might get hurt." He says. I  open the door and gasp. "Paige, I'll clean it up in..." He looks up, a shocked look on his face.

"You're...y-you're..." I can't find words. Aster was a fox. He was that fox I saw. "You're a supernatural...a fox...You're that fox I saw..." I trail off and he scrambles back. 

"ADELINE!!!" He yells and Adeline comes running. She jumps up on my back, knocking me over in surprise. She sits on my chest and pushes my arms down. What happened to the sweet little girl who I was holding a minute before? She had ears like Aster except hers were pink and purple, almost cat-like. "Go to sleep now, Harper." Her eyes glow a light purple , swirling around almost like a vortex. I suddenly feel really tired and let sleep drift over me. 

Aster's P.O.V

"You're...y-you're...You're a supernatural...a fox...You're that fox I saw..." She starts but doesn't finish. I feel my face heat up and scramble back in a panic as if I didn't know her. It was my animal instinct. 

"ADELINE!!!" I yell and hear her quiet footsteps against the wooden floor. She jumps on Harper's back, making her fall. I cringe and turn away. I hated watching her use her powers. Adeline was a Cheshire cat, as well as Paige. She and Paige could make their victims do whatever they wanted them to do as long as they saw her eyes. Basically hypnosis. 

I look up just as Harper's body relax into a peaceful sleep. Adeline looks up at me, her eyes back to normal, frowning. "I'm sorry, Aster. She couldn't know about us." She says just as Sage and Paige come running. "What the hell happened?" Sage yells then turns to me. "ASTER, WHAT DID YOU DO?!?" She yells, seeing the broken glass scattered across the floor. Great.

Sage's P.O.V

I look down at the floor when Harper was laying and pick up her phone. Must've fell out. "Don't you dare!" Aster threatens, making me laugh slightly. I turn it on and click on the messages app. She had one new one, from Scott.

----- 

Scott McCall

Scott: hey we found the Alpha but he said he wont let us have Allison back til he sees u. just thought u should know. and just wondering, did u make it home ok?

-----

"Hey, Aster, do you know who Scott McCall is?" I ask, not looking up from the phone. "Yeah, I think he's in my Math...why?" He questions. "Well right now we have leverage. We have Harper and some kid named Scott McCall obviously cares for her." "What?! I'm not gonna do that to her." "Aster, she knows our secret...there's no other way..."

---------------------------

hia peeps. yea i know im late with updating, like WAY late. im sorry ive just been super super busy and i also had writers block. thats y its so short. dont worry i have ideas now :) hope ya enjoyed

-Emmie