Chapter 7

Harper's P.O.V

Breanne stayed behind at math with Renee and Kaitlyn went to reading. I was in most of the advanced classes, unlike most people, which made me different. This is my schedule.

Harper L. Clarke

7:30-8:00 Mr. Park, TA

8:05-8:55 Mrs. Hayes, Science

9:00-9:50 Mrs. Ross, Adv. Reading

9:55-10:45 Ms. Vincent, Adv. English/Language Arts

Lunch

11:15-12:05 Mrs. Scott, Social Studies/History

12:15-1:05 Mr. Park, Adv. Math

1:10-1:45 Ms. Ortiz, Art

1:50-2:30 Gym/Choir

I already got it memorized it's just finding the rooms is what I need help with. I know I'm already late because no one is in the halls and the doors to the rooms are shut. Great! Just what I need.

 Go down the hall then make a left. It's the first door there. "What?" I ask, spinning around trying to find the source of the noise.  Harper I said, go down the hall then make a left. That's where Miss Hayes' room is. Oh by the way I'm Serafina. You can call me Sera. "Ok Sera...where are you? And how do you know my name?" I ask again. I probably look stupid to anyone who around or anyone watching the security cameras. I'm your wolf. Didn't the guys already tell you about this? Nevermind. Mrs. Hayes is running behind today so I suggest you hurry up and do as I said.  

I quickly ran down the hallway and took a left. I looked at the door and smiled. Mrs. Hayes room of Science. Look, I have to get to my class. You'll have to tell me later. Mrs. Hayes' voice I'm guessing. I wish my hearing had an on/off button. I quickly opened the door and took my seat. 

I hear my phone ring and secretly take it out of my pocket. Nothing. Weird. I look across the room and see a girl looking at my phone under her desk. Stupid supernatural hearing. How does Scott deal with this? I quickly put my phone away and look up. 

Mrs. Hayes writing something on the board and everyone groans. We have to do a project about physics and she picks out your partners. This sucks. I'm basically a nobody and everyone else is either popular or a nerd. Great. 

"Ok read the board, get with your partner, and start working. Your project is due next week." She says and everyone rushes to the board. 

I slowly get up and walk over to the board. A bunch of kids got their friend and a bunch didn't. I waited until the crowd died down then went to find who I was with. I was with a popular boy, Aster Fox. He was a nice popular kid not like the stereotypical popular kids. I turn around and see some boys snickering and girls glaring at me. Aster Fox was probably the hottest boy in the school so I could see why they were mad.

His friends whispered something to him but he shoved them away. "Class, I said figure out who your partner is and start working." Mrs. Hayes says and the whole class gets quiet. I slowly make my way to Aster and try to smile. "Hey, Harper. Let's start on our project." He says, pulling out a chair for me."Hey thanks." I say and he smiles. Not a smirk or evil smile. A nice smile. Maybe this won't be so bad.

----time skip to end of school cuz im lazy---

Aster gave me his number if I had any questions or if we wanted to meet. Which in my opinion was very sweet. He was very nice and told jokes when we were working to lighten the mood a bit. 

I strayed away from the crowd and found Scott, Stiles, and Derek. "Hey guys! How was your day?" I ask, smiling. "Well you had a good day." Derek says, smirking. "How did you know?" I ask, my smile slowly fading. "Your face, Harper. It's kinda red." Stiles says and I feel my face heat up more. "Oh...Well um let's go to the Pack House...maybe you can train me more." I say and Derek and Stiles start walking away. I walk slowly but Scott stays with me. 

"I promise he's just teasing. Derek's like that sometimes...and Stiles just states the obvious." He says, making me laugh a bit. "It's ok...hey um, what do you think about Aster Fox...?" I ask, looking down. "Hey um, the popular kid?" He asks, trying to mimic  me. "Uh yeah." I say, and if it's possible my face gets redder. "Harper Clarke, do you have a crush of Aster Fox?" He asks, smirking at me. 

I look up and frown. "I don't know, Scott. I hate when I fall in love or like someone because it almost never works out. Besides he's popular and I'm nothing. It would never work anyways." I say and look at Scott. He looked kinda upset. He grabs my chin so I'm looking at him then he starts talking. "Harper, if people can't see you for who you really are, then they aren't the right person for you. I promise. The right guy will come eventually." He lets go and looks away. "We should probably catch up to Derek and Stiles." He says, walking away.

I stay there and yell up to Scott. "Hey I'm gonna go home, ok? I might catch up with you later though." He nods and continues towards the Pack House. 

I turn around and head to the other part of the woods. Let's see if I can get home this time and not get lost. Once you go into the woods there's no going back. Nothing but trees, sticks, and more trees. Like an endless loop.

I know my way around the woods  pretty well but today something seems...off. I hear a branch snap and I whirl around, my claws out and eyes shining. "Who's there?!" I shout/ask. I've gotten better at hiding my fear. I may look scary right now but honestly, I'm terrified. 

A blur of orange shoots out in front of me but stops. It's a fox. Its fur is vibrant orange with white down the middle and on its paws and its eyes are glowing bright green. The fox looks up at me calmly. How is it not scared of me? 

I kneel down and scratch it behind its ear. "You're so soft." I whisper and it nuzzles into my hand and purrs or whatever sounds foxes make when they're happy. It looks up at me and puts its paw in mine. Its claws retract a bit and the paw looks almost human for a second. I jump back and the fox runs back into the woods.(i almost put jungle haha) 

I stand up and run after it but it vanishes out of sight. I slow down but decide to look more. I look behind the nearest trees and sigh. This was a once and only chance. At least I got to experience it.

I go to turn around but hear a rustling. I spin around hoping to see the fox but I see... a shirt? I go over and pick it up. This was what Aster was wearing today. I look up to see if anyone is still around. No one. I stand up, the shirt still in my hand, when I walk straight into someone. Someone whose smile captured my heart.

Aster. 

-------

oooooh cliffhanger. srry i didnt update sooner but i had writers block after i wrote Harper's schedule. i hope u guys enjoy.

-Emmie