Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Teresa Lisbon was a coward. Sure if it came to fighting the bad guys and throwing herself into danger for the greater good that was fine, but when it came to sitting beside the bedside of the man that she was everyday realizing more and more she was in love with him she just couldn't do it. She still couldn't believe that she had held a gun up to his mother, and the verdict was still out on that one. I mean there was nowhere Andy Mayer could be the mother of Patrick Jane.

She knew that when his eyes opened and he croaked mom a part of her should've been disappointed but how could she? He had woken up and said something that made sense and that was the important thing. She had excused herself from his room so that they could be reunited. Of course that didn't take long because the doctor's came in and did there thing. Evaluation asking question like do you know your name and who is the president? Jane was on point of course and he gave them that what do you take me for an idiot look? God she just melted seeing that look. God she had to get a whole of herself.

After that they gave him a sedative which she thought was stupid, they said that he needed to rest. That he had been through an ordeal the last couple of days. Today they would tell him of his brain tumor and talk options. She had heard it all. First they could do medications to see if that would shrink the tumor and of course he would be on anticonvulsants so that he wouldn't have another seizure. If they went that route he couldn't stay alone. Where was he going to stay? Was she supposed to offer her a place at her home? Now that his mother was here was she going to take him? That's another thing his mother, she wanted to have lunch. God this coffee was not helping, so she knew what she had to do, she had at least four hours before lunch with Mamma Jane, it was time to solve a murder. Oh yes she could do this, if she was lucky maybe they would have a perp to shoot.

*Awake*

Grace was the first one to see that they boss had arrived. She immediately saw how tired she was even though she had on fresh clothes and carried a big cup of her favorite blend Grace knew the look of a woman who hadn't gotten much sleep. Who could blame her, she knew that if that was Wayne in that bed she would be a basket case.

"Good morning Boss." She greeted her in what she hoped was a believable neutral voice.

"Hey Grace, as soon as Cho gets here I want a briefing on what you guys got on the Xavier case and I need you to run a name for me."

"Well Charlotte Xavier's been staying with her aunt and uncle. Those people at the house were not her parents; they are abroad somewhere and will be here sometime this afternoon. Cho thought that he would run the interview in case you were with Jane. That's another thing we found out, did you know that Charlotte Xavier was practically Jane's neighbor. This Charlotte is the same age Jane's daughter would've been. What's the name you want me to run?"

Lisbon had been listening to what Grace had said and then she thought back to the pretty girl as she lay in her bed dead. Jane looked shocked when he saw her; she thought it was because she looked so much like Charlotte, but what if it was recognition? What if he knew something that could crack this case wide open? She needed to see him now. She was sure that he was going to hate her for what she was about to do.

"Andy Mayer, I need you to find out whatever you can on her. She has to be in her early fifties maybe and she comes from New York."

Grace just stood there with her mouth wide open. She knew that her boss wasn't into much fashion but there was no way in hell she didn't know who Andy Mayer was.

"You can't be serious. Did you just tell me to run the name Andy Mayer?" she asked in disbelief.

"Yea I found her number in Jane's pocket and I called her. She's his mother, I just don't believe that."